Installing Rear Air Springs
From the 1994 service manual
for replacing the rear bags
Air Spring Removal
1. Turn air suspension switch
2. Raise vehicle on hoist. Refer to «Section 00-02».
3. Remove tire and wheel assembly.
4. Remove electrical connector and air line from air
spring solenoid valve as outlined.
5. Remove «air spring solenoid valve» as outlined.
6. Depress four plastic locking fingers in bottom of air
spring's piston to detach air spring from rear
suspension lower arm (5A649) .
7. Depress metal locking tab at top of rear suspension
lower arm air spring and rotate to disengage the air
spring cap from body bracket.
8. Carefully remove air spring from the vehicle.
1. Install «air spring solenoid valve» as outlined.
2. Insert air spring's upper cap into two stud holes in
body bracket and twist to lock in place. Rear air spring
will fit in either RH or LH.
3. Insert the air spring piston's four lower plastic
locking fingers into the rear suspension lower arm so
that they lock in place. Visually verify that all four
fingers are correctly retained.
Do not inflate or pressurize the air spring before it is
4. Refill air spring as outlined.
5. Replace tire and wheel assembly. Tighten wheel hub
bolt nuts to 115-142 N-m (85-105 lb-ft).