93 Mark VIII for sale

superdave

Registered
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII
142k Miles
For Sale Locally @ $2500
Any of you guys want her and she's $1750
Pictures at http://wiredcountry.com/red.htm?&id=markviii

Engine and Trans work great - powerful and smooth. I just moved to Knoxville and I drive her back and forth to Eastern Tennessee (400-mile round trip) about once a month. 27mpg on the trip every time! But I am now just 3 miles from my office so 12.5mpg is average for here in the city.

10 CD-Changer in trunk with control on dash + remote control.
Interior is really good - see pictures.
Paint is great!
Glass is great with no chips.
Wheels are great!

Here are the things that do not work right...
* Computer says it needs 2 oxygen sensors. Hard to believe since it's so smooth and the mileage is so good on trips.
* Air ride doesn't vent right anymore. The valve is gummed up on the pump so it needs a new pump or spider valve. The bags don't leak but if you vent the air, the pump will pump them bag up with no problem. I've had the airride off over a month and the car is still at the same level.
* I think the shock or strut mounts need to be replaced because you can hear a 'clunk' sound if you go over a bump right.
* About half of the climate control buttons are broken like on most Mark VIII's. The climate control works great though, and the AC is really good.
* Radio antenna tries to go up and down, but can't do it without a little help pulling up or pushing down on it. Radio and CD-changer work good.
* Gas release solenoid finally gave up. It's just too weak to pop open the gas door. So for filling, I have to open the trunk and pull the manual release.
* I used some stuff that made the headlight plastic clear, but the
headlights are not too bright on the low level. Great when on high-beam though.
* Only one time has the car left me stranded. The battery went dead. I bought a new battery and now carry the old one fully charged in the car just in case. It hasn't happened again, though.

I've owned the car since April of 2004 but now am so close to work so I don't need the car anymore. If you have any questions or are interested in the car, email me at dp@socialrx.com

Thanks!
Dave...

RE: 93 Mark VIII for sale

I thought $1750 is a great price for this car. No takers? Any advice on where to sell it then? I am just driving it on weekends and my MiniC during the week.

Thanks!
Dave...

Back