FREE ENGINE you can hear it run you remove

markviii347

Registered
I have a 94 mark VIII with a bad trans
the car has aprox 156,000 miles on it the engine runs well I can start it for you but when i do you will hear the a/c clutch making noise but this has nothing to do with the engine ..
here is the deal if you want the engine you can have it but you must remove it with your tools & haul it away you can have the trans too if you want it but the computer stays with the car also i need the power steering pump and any little detail I think of that I will need to support the new pushrod engine and or car please contact contact me if interested and we will work out the details I am located in stuart florida ( I am turning this car into a hot rod )
so I must insist that you use care when removing the engine THANKS

RE: FREE ENGINE you can hear it run you remove

what kind of motor are you putting in?

ford 347 carbed stroker backed by a modifyed c-4 trans and I will be replacing the air ride with coil overs I will be trying to remove as much extra stuff as possible to get the weight down
im making a HOT ROD LINCOLN (street rod)

Can I give you some advice? especially if you are putting in a pushrod motor, drop the old engine and trans via K-member. The odds of someone damaging your car while trying to hoist a motor/trans combo are alot greater than if it comes out the bottom.

Plus, this will make it alot easier for you to get that pushrod motor in later.

(author if this post has 3 Mark VIII engine swaps under his belt)

[a
Club 16 President/Founder
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
V.P. GGM8​

truth be known even after reading various posts about removing the engine out the bottom I still dont completely understand how this is done and where do you get these monster jack stands? and once you got this super heavy car way up there how can you lower the engine and K member without dropping it then how do you get the engine out from under the car then how do you get the car down no wait forget that how did you get it up there in the first place? jacks and lots of blocks? the whole thing sounds dangerous but Im sure its not if you know how and have the right tools
I am a mechanic by trade but not an auto mechanic but I have messed with my share of cars but these were the cars of the 60's and 70's

You should talk to Dan. He's in Miami and has a shop. He also is a Mark VIII lover and has modified many of them.

Dan - www.speedfreak.cc

I bought my jack stands at Pep Boys, they should be tall enough to get the engine out the bottom when extended all the way. I saw some bigger ones at Harbor Frieght that would definitely do the trick. I've also seen some seriously tall jack stands in shops that work on tactical vehicles in the military. Don't know where those came from, but i'm sure they're available commercially.

Here's some that i came up with from a quick google search. $86, 28" tall, free shipping.

http://www.asedeals.com/jackstands.html

Here are some jacks. If you want to drop $300 or so, you can get one that goes 31" in the air.

http://www.asedeals.com/hydraulicjacks2.html

Really though, you don't need all that to get an engine out the bottom. If the back is on the ground, and the jack stands are on the frame rail, the front of the car is significantly higher than the jack stands. To lift it that high, you have to jack it up, put it on jack stands, grab a block of wood, lift it again, adjust the jack stands, etc. And stay the hell out from underneath.

BTW if you were closer i'd come get the motor :)

If you were closer to me I would pull that sucker out in a couple hours and we would both be happier.

I pulled my engine (left trans in the car) from the top in under a day. :)

Only issue is getting to those top tranny bolts from the back of the motor.

TIP: Remove the wiper assembly with the entire cowl! The manual states it and I tried to get around it. It was a no go (not worth the effort). I could have had it out a lot fast if I just removed the cowl in the first place (comes out in like 15 minutes, and saves you a LOT of swear words).

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I pulled my engine (left trans in the car) from the top in under a day. :)Only issue is getting to those top tranny bolts from the back of the motor. TIP: Remove the wiper assembly with the entire cowl! The manual states it and I tried to get around it. It was a no go (not worth the effort). I could have had it out a lot fast if I just removed the cowl in the first place (comes out in like 15 minutes, and saves you a LOT of swear words).
[/div]

It's faster from the top. Much less stuff to remove, much easier to avoid damaging things. Unhook all the wires, cables and hoses from both engine and trans, disconnect the upper ball joint and the lower strut bolt after draining the air struts, remove 8 k-member bolts and two tranny x member bolts and down she comes. Might have to pull the driveshaft out too.

It's much easier to get at those top two bolts if you lower the tranny crossmember a little bit and use long (36" or so) extension with a swivel and an impact gun. no need to remove the cowl. Or the wiper assembly.

Back