Ground Effects

RE: Ground Effects

I think Geno as well. In fact I recall Geno trying to move a spat and spoiler set a few months ago.

I think Pony's car looks very cool.

You thinking about it Norm?

Yep. I want it. That's next.

Hey Geno, where are you?

I found a company named aeroform about 3 years ago that made them. Not sure if they still make them for the mark, but it's worth looking into.

When I was in the car business, at times we had buyers who wanted ground effects added to cars that did not offer them from the factory. We delt with AeroForm and found their product to be excellent and they stood behind it 100% - I reccomend them! 5-Stars

I did some research and found a cople of places. I'm a little surprised at the cost. I thought it would be less expensive.

If it costs as much as I found , I think my money will be better spent on other mods.

Let the mods continue!

Yea I got them from Geno. And yes they cost a lot of money after it is all said and done. But that is what seperates my car from all you other guys. I LOVE the way my car looks. I think it is the Pearl color as much as the ground effects and rims.

Give Geno a call and see what he sells them for nowadays.

I think I know how much they sell for. I'm in sticker shock.

I know but I want to play with performance for a while longer.

Headers anyone?

those side skirts really bug me. if they came with a straight piece without that little vent, id be on board for a set.

I need directions and pictures. Remember I'm from Alabama!

Perhaps I should rephrase that, If you took the time to become skilled at fiberglassing, and wanted to make your own GE, the side skirts would be the easiest. I've been tempted to try it, but I need more practice at fiberglass. The front and back would be the hardest, IMO, because of all the curves and whatever design you gave it.

I'd have to do more research, but I think it could be done by tossing a ton of clay on the lower car to mold. Shape the clay into your design, then coat it in many coats of fiberglass, making sure it's nice and strong, then remove the clay, and mount the fiberglass onto the car and get it painted.

It's a TON of work, esp all the sanding that much glass would take. I don't know if that exact process would work, but some friends I know are experts and could help me more with it. But at least you could make it look exactly how you want it to look.

Back