Headers

RE: Headers

Joe has them on his pearl car, and has another set hanging on the wall of his garage. Johnny just got his, and a few others. IN a few weeks we are going to have a header installation party at Eli's if you want to come.

Thanks for the offer, I would love to but:

I need to buy some first.

Let me start over..who sells headers?

LMS sells them. I have a set that works, and will be making another set this week. Dan R will have them available from what I understand as well.

there are a few people that have them but I think they cost like $1000 before installation. haven't heard from the people that have them if they really think it's worth it? is it? if so I may be interested>

From what Joe tells me they are probably the single best mod you can do. The stock headers are one of the most restrictive points in the whole flow of things. Price is te big killer though. Eli found those bassani mid length headers which are supposed to be the best ($600-700) but no one has bought a set to see what mods need to be done to get them to fit. If anyone wants to daonate the money, I will try them on my car and get definitive answers for all.

Very tough. The headers from most companies won't even fit without rerounting some of the tubes. That's why the LMS and dan's are going to be so good, beacause they've already sized them right. Once you get them, you have to drop the K member, which is never been done is a major PITA. After that I'm not real sure, but Joe or chris can fill you in nicely. Whenever we have our install party, I can tell you for sure. You shoudl come anyways if you can make it norm, I'd love to meet you in person.

The install is definately not for the novice.Expect a shop to charge 500-600 for labor and then be pissed they didn't charge enough.

Headers are not the hardest thing to do on the mark VIII, but close to it. You need to have patience, a side kick to talk to and to hand you tools during the full 15 hour day it takes to put them on. Then once you get the headers on, and find out you have an exhaust leak, you will need a some bandages for your hand cause you hit a concrete wall. Then you have to go back in there and fix the stuff that leaks with your bandaged hand.

I guess you guys have talked me out of this one. I don't think I have the patience or a friend.

I think back to my 65 GTO, I put headers on it and no big deal.

From what Joe tells me they are probably the single best mod you can do. The stock headers are one of the most restrictive points in the whole flow of things. Price is te big killer though. Eli found those bassani mid length headers which are supposed to be the best ($600-700) but no one has bought a set to see what mods need to be done to get them to fit. If anyone wants to daonate the money, I will try them on my car and get definitive answers for all.

I never knew that they would help so much. Are they really that good?

I gained .6 in the 1/4 with headers and a convertor. I have now run a 13.6@101.85.

Back