D/S side marker

devicemanager

Registered
Anyone have one of these floating around. I damaged the chrome around my origional one and bought a new one and then lost it.
Thanks

RE: D/S side marker

Did you guys know that this part is $600 from the dealer. I only need the chrome strip - the dealer doen't sell it separately. Is this true?

$600??? That's nuts.
The chrome is not separate, but I seem to remember 1st gens being less than $250 new from Torrie at FPN. I have also heard of less than $50 at recyclers... try raafordparts.com

Scott

Funny..., my parts guide shows the '93-'96 side marker lamp assemblies P/N F3LY-15A201-C or F3LY-15A201-D(right/left) listed at $122.96. The footnote says the chrome strip is serviced only with side lamp assembly even though it is depicted separately in the exploded view.

The chrome is attached to the m/l assy permanantly. The chrome piece has plastic tabs that are pushed through slots in the top of the lamp and then melted. If you could get a new piece of chrome separately, you could, in theory, pop it through and melt it, but its not practical.

I've had good luck breaking the tabs off and making new ones out of plastic from the hardware store and using a two part adhesive to bond it together. Time consuming, but it looks good in the end and costs a far cry less.

Scott

You have to be careful with those car-part ones. There are four of those plastic hold/clips I alluded to earlier on each assembly, and frequently a few of them are broken on the recycler ones.

You are usually ok with only two holding it, but, understand, you are taking a risk buying that way.

Scott

Have you gotten firm pricing for a new one? I usually split 50% new price for the determining factor - assuming I'd be sastified with the quality of the used one. Therefore in your case, I would have to be able to get a new one for less than about $150, or I would lean to the used one.

Back