Door Panles

kev415

Registered
Looking for door pannels for a second gen mark VIII. Any color, any condition as long as they have all of the mounting clips. I dont need all of the electrical stuff either (window buttons, mirrors, etc) but that doesnt matter.

gtzum415@yahoo.com or PM me here if you can help!

RE: Door Panles

after giving it more thought, all of the switches and stuff would be helpful. Thanks.

that my friend is a secret!!

OK, im so psyched about this project, ill just tell you a little. Something along the lines of an 8" mid-bass, a 6.5 Mid-range and a tweet, kicker stlye, I ordered the goods last night. Complete re-design of the door pannel, but still retaining some of the stock lines and color scheme. I dont have room to put 8" speakers in kick pods, so this is the next best thing!
If Gen 1 door panels will fit on there, Ill take those too as long as the mounting system is the same. The main point is that I can return it to stock at some point if I have to.

This is of course all inspired through DJ and his audio/fiberglass skills!

Hehe I love seeing other people as excited as I am! I'm 99% positive 1st gens won't fit. I've not seen a 2nd gen door first hand to try to put speakers there, but on th 1st gen an 8 inch would be tight without chopping the door REAL bad, as in the lines won't flow with the dash. Unless you just kept it in the door itself that is.

The flow to the dash is the big reason I decided against making a new door panel from scratch. On many imports, everything is nice and flat, but our gorgeous interiors have too many curves.

I hope you have good luck, I'd love to see a custom 2nd gen interior!

the lines will still be there and it will definitely be interesting. I do plan on chopping the door up pretty hardcore for the main reason of making the 8" fit.

Now, to get those door panels....

Look at item # 2419861706 in that popular auction site. Think it's just what you are looking for.....good luck with your project.

Hehe I love seeing other people as excited as I am! I'm 99% positive
I hope you have good luck, I'd love to see a custom 2nd gen interior!

You will, :7

Ok, I was bidding like a madman against 2 other people, but the computer I was using at work (shhh, don't tell) was way too S L O W to keep up with all of that bidding, so I lost, still loking for some door panels.....

Yeah, I looked and e-mailed a few places, but no one wants to sell me just the panel, they want to sell me the whole door for like $850.

And I just lost annother set on ebay too...

Still looking....

I may sell my old ones. The drivers door has two broken mounts, but other then that they are perfect. After I get the new ones I will let you know.

sweet, ill take them if you are going to sell them. I have to rebuild them anyways, so the mounts arent that big of a deal, let me know, thanks!

Hay Kev, I finally recieved one of the door panels. I am waitning for the second then I will decide what to do. I just wanted to keep you posted.

thanks J.B. but I actually just bought some from Joe. I do have a lead (and a phone call in) about those valve covers if you still are looking for them.

Back