96-98 Upper and Lower Cobra Intake manifold

Brad

Registered
If any one has these I will be willing to buy them for a decent price. Or if you know where i could buy them.

RE: 96-98 Upper and Lower Cobra Intake manifold

keep an eye on ebay, they pop up there every now and then. That's where i got mine. Keep an eye out for cobra fuel rails and a cobra intake tube too. My jury-rigged intake tube doesn't look all that great, and if you reuse the mark fuel rail, you can't check the fuel pressure.

Brad, I don't think that intake will clear the hood on 1st Gens.

Im hopefully getting a cowl hood soon from a friend. Sleeper How much did your cobra intake cost?

200 but the upper has some minor damage.

I found that there is a little piece of metal that hangs down in the rear of the gen 2 hood that was touching my intake. Did some minor cosmetic damage to the upper. I bent it out of the way and i think it's all good now.

Are you sure ? I know Dennis has one on his car, but also He has diff year motor and the heads are supposed to sit lower. Cutting out a piece of hood reinforcement is no problem, but I don't think it would clear. Any thoughts ?

you just got to grind down the hood support alittle bit

He had a 98 intake on it and he had to cut his hood. He now has a 99+ style intake that sits lower and will clear the hood no problem.

Are you sure ? I know Dennis has one on his car, but also He has diff year motor and the heads are supposed to sit lower. Cutting out a piece of hood reinforcement is no problem, but I don't think it would clear. Any thoughts ?

Back