Center Console Top / Armrest

WackyWRZ

Registered
Anyone know where I can get the top to the center console/armrest? Kids climbing over it have destroyed the plastic, and it won't stay shut anymore. Its a grey interior if anyone has one for sale??!! Thanks

RE: Center Console Top / Armrest

I dont know where to get an arm rest but the lid is an easy thing to fix. I just bought another 93 and it pops open over every bump.To fix it open the lid remove the 3 screws at the hinge. Lift off the door. Use a pair of pliars and squeez a little of the offset out of the hinge the full length of the hinge. Install the door and you are good to go. It doesn't take too much that should move the door closer to the driver and stay latched. I used a Malco hand seamer to do mine but any pair of pliars with flat jaws will work.
Good luck
Keith
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.

I had the same problem with my lid popping open everytime too. One night after work I took it off and found several pieces of the plastic broke near the latch. Took it apart. Super glued the plastic pieces together, and made sure all the screws were in tight. Works as if it were brand new. No problems since. gee..... and my dad wanted to buy a whole new piece. I sure showed him.
Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

Yeah, my girlfriend climbed over the top of it and broke it up... Anyone have a pic or diagram of how the spring and latch goes back in? I glued the plastic back together, and just can't get those in.

AHHHHH..... I had the same problem. I was like what the hell.. HOW....

Then it took me a couple minutes, but I got it. just try different positions. You'll get it after about 10 tries...

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

Back