$25 bounty for a part, I've scoured all my local salvage yards

MG Davis

Registered
If you can hook me up with a '97 (only that year will work) Ebony driver's door panel that's in anywhere close to minty shape, I'll pay you a $25 bounty. Call your local salvage yards, steal one off the guy across town's car (kidding!), whatever. No, pointing me to an ebay auction doesn't count. I'm already monitoring that site more closely (see the debacle in my last post in this category). Same for car-part.com, as I'm watching that one too.

Not kidding around here. I've been looking for a month and a black '97 panel seems to be a rare bird. You find it, I'll pay to buy and ship it here. If it's in as good a shape as you say, I'll drop a twenty and a five in an envelope to you.

Regards,
Michael

RE: $25 bounty for a part, I've scoured all my local salvage yards

Riverview Auto Parts and Salvage Inc. - They have a black 97 Mark for parts - 1-866-667-5942

Will try them Monday. Thanks. What city/state?

BTW, thats the interior door trim panel, I'm looking for, not an exterior door skin.

Jack,

Called Riverview and talked to Dean. No joy on the door panel. Thanks anyway.

Michael

Go to www.car-part.com and enter the year, Make & model, and for part enter "door" and ask for a search. There will be a long list of doors, some will be black, some will have dents. You can contact the salvage yards and see if you can talk them out of what you need. Good luck! If this is successful put the $25 toward the part.

Jack,

Well, it took a *lot* of calling, but I think I've got it. Searched complete doors like you suggested, and tried all the vendors with a black door. Mostly tan or grey panels, and a couple that wouldnt split off a black interior panel. I did finally score one with a broken clip, but I should be able to work with it.

Thanks for the tip, and if you won't accept the bounty, then at least let me pick up the first round when you get another Central Florida meet going.

Regards,

Michae;

Back