weird error message

jbuch

Registered
Does anybody know the cause, or solution for, this error message?
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jeff82x/error.jpg

It keeps popping up, and then shutting down my computer every 5 minutes or so. It doesn't even give me time to try and get info on before it happens again.

Oh boy, there it is again. I'll have to check back later. :-(

RE: weird error message

I agree - go to MS and get the latest patches - it sounds like it may be related to this:

[link:www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp|link:Buffer Overrun In RPC Interface Could Allow Code Execution (823980)]

John
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Thanks for the tips. I couldn't get the windows update to work very well, because I kept getting shut down right in the middle of it. I downloaded the single patch, and then pulled the plug on my cable modem while it was installing. Patch restarted the computer, and so far (about 8 min) so good. Assuming it stays this way, thanks a million!

p.s. that original message took me THREE restarts to post!! x( x( x( x(
1)capture screenshot, save it, I get restarted
2)cut warning from original image, open in Adobe to shrink the filesize, upload to my webspace, I get restarted
3)write message, as I'm finishing message, restart warning pops up, post message, I get restarted.

Pesky little bear isn't it?

I spent the evening fixing OTHER PEOPLE'S computers that don't run recently updated virus protection and firewall software.

About 1 out of every 7 people were infected at work yesterday (including me). Not quite sure how some people got it and not others, but IT seemed to be able to take care of it, and my virus protection actually quarantined it before I had any probs.

I believe you have the MSBlaster worm, goto Start > Run > type "shutdown -a" to prevent premature shutdown then goto task manager and kill MSBlaster.exe then follow the removal instructions, after its removed immediatly goto windowsupdate.com to patch your system.

Or you could get a Mac and not have to worry about all that nonsense! :)

.......And not be able to play any games and bore yourself to death with a one button mouse.

Reason macs dont get hit with viruses? Because they are either used by professionals in some field or illiterate grandmas, none one of the elite hackers/virus writers would use a mac.

Back