Want to buy a new laptop need some help.

maxmk8

Registered
I wanted to get the dell 5150 laptop with the 3.06 ghz P4, 512 ram, and the 64 Mg Gf Fx go 5200, DVD-CDRW, 30 gig HD, but i missed out (I was 20 min late and the coupon expired ), now i don't think its worth the 150$ extra that i'd have to pay for it. With the coupon and rebate it would have been 1328 now its 1478 :(!
Well I’m still looking for a new laptop for around 1300-1350, most important feature being the latest Graphics card (Ati Mobility radeon 9200 or 9600 Gf Fx go 5200 or 5600 or maybe even the 5650). Battery life is also fairly important; this dell laptop would have lasted up to 4 hours so I’m thinking that is about 2 hours in real life, which is good enough for me.
I was also looking at another laptop from Medion (p4 2.6 GF FX g 5600, 512 ram, 60gb hd, wireless lan, DVD-CDRW $1349), but i don't really trust that name (+ i don't know about its battery time) so I’ve decided to go with dell.
Does anyone have any coupons for dell?? Or what are some good sites to get some laptops cheap??
Thanks in advance.

RE: Want to buy a new laptop need some help.

Stay with your first instinct. Dell is tops IMHO. Did you get the coupon via e-mail? If so, be patient. They send out coupons all the time and they always have a rebate or some other freebie going on to reel buyers in. I buy computers and accessories for work and almost always have an active preferred customer coupon code to cash in.

Besides, just about the time you're ready to buy, they'll come out with a new model too. ;)

RE: Want to buy a new laptop need some help.

As much as I tell everyone that is buying a laptop, nobody listens. Do not let the price determine what you buy. Dell and all the others sell you a cheap piece of junk. It may have a fast processor, but zero expandability. Now the new Dell laptops are expandable. You can add ram, change the video card and even the processor. The top of the line Dell will run like a desktop computer, the others are not meant to, and will not be as stable. Pay for the extra ram, try to fill it up if you can and get one of the better agp video cards.

I personally own an Inspiron 7500 which was top of the line in its day. I love the computer and have been using it every day. The only thing that went was the hard drive. Those things are like light bulbs, they burn out eventually. Just be backed up, redundancy is key.

Back