Web Server Monitoring Tools

devicemanager

Registered
I was wondering if anyone knows a good free tool that allows you to monitor who is visiting your site and that pages and/or downloads are being done?

RE: Web Server Monitoring Tools

We're using [link:www.mrunix.net/webalizer|webalizer] with our Apache server...

Kale

I found WebLog Expert on the net with but it isn't that versatile. It counts my hits and tells some stats like who and their ip and their os and browser - some pretty cool stuff - however I was wondering if anyone knew a tool that works the same but will allow me to see who visited and all the links they clicked.

I noticed that lost of people are trying to run scripts, but have been unsuccessful - but they blow out my log file and they become unreadable. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks.

They're trying to break your box. Sometimes it's done intentionally (meaning directed towards you personally) while most of the time it's random.

The only files on your webserver that should be readable to the rest of the world are files you want them to see.

I was wondering if anyone knows a good free tool that allows you to monitor who is visiting your site and that pages and/or downloads are being done?

I do a lot of this and I reccomend Google analytics and statcounter.com. Both have free versions and rely on javascript.

I run many different campaigns that track visits, clicks, visitor paths etc..

I also manage email campaigns for multiple companies. Through the use of campaigns, goals, link tagging and clever link merging techniques I do not have any compaints at all.

The webalizer reports that I see in bundled with some hosting packages pale in comparison to these tools.

I use statcounter.com(free version).

We should set up one for our website so administrators could monitor traffic and adjust accordingly.

Statcounter is pretty good especially for visitor pathing. Google analytics is a lot prettier and I really like the link tagging/campaign segmenting.

Back