Made another 5 hr trip down to see Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips...

Sierra3

Registered
We trimmed down my quick shift number one slot shift points MPH and added another program for the track. Seems my EEC was having an issue with the ignition counter settings and it was that scattering my ignition and cutting out at the ceiling of the shift points. I thought my car was holding the gears too long and getting into the redline ceiling and then pulling ignition and fuel. He instantly picked it out while riding shotgun in the car once it hit redline. He changed it, and all is well and it pulls and shifts correctly once again. That had been bothering me for a while now being intermittant at the track.

Wish i had an OBD 2 like the rest of you guys, so we could datalog timing and other stuff with the laptop, but untill that becomes available, well continue the old fashioned way by yanking the chip.
Got some more ideas from him on setting up all my little projects too like rerouting my vacuum hoses for the brake booster and Aeromotive braided lines when i go to the fuel rails setup.

Bought a set of Motorcraft one step cooler plugs from him also.
Can't wait till next friday and i finally get to see what it can do without the spark pull and timing retard and holding shifts fighting the revlimiter program like it was between 2-3 and 3-4 before. Once again, well worth the trip in my book.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U

RE: Made another 5 hr trip down to see Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips...

Yes that was a unique problem. I talked with SCT about it and they at first didn't get it until I sent them my changes. Then they said it should have worked fine before. Well we both know it didn't. I have no idea why those changes work on every other Gen 1 but not on yours. At least its fixed now.

http://members.tccoa.com/lonnie/smallmark8.jpg
www.blueovalchips.com
95 Lincoln Mark VIII
279 rwhp 305 rwtq

Could of been mine has a different than factory EEC in it. Not sure if they changed certain programs in different years like the original 1993 fuel and timing curves were more aggressive than the newer ones. But that EEC is not the factory original one. Not that it makes any differance, it's a different engine in there now. And shes good to go now with that reburn.
When I replaced it, I am wishing now that i got the newer style OBDII that could run coil on plug setup like the 2nd gens. Maybee down the road sometime from a 2nd Gen donor in the salvage yard.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Could of been mine has a different than factory EEC in it. Not sure if they changed certain programs in different years like the original 1993 fuel and timing curves were more aggressive than the newer ones. But that EEC is not the factory original one. Not that it makes any differance, it's a different engine in there now. And shes good to go now with that reburn.When I replaced it, I am wishing now that i got the newer style OBDII that could run coil on plug setup like the 2nd gens. Maybee down the road sometime from a 2nd Gen donor in the salvage yard.1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U
[/div]

The 96's (Gen 1) had OBDII.

Back