1999 Buick Regal GS Supercharged

desertdog71

Registered
OK, here is the story:

My 99 Regal GS is up for sale. It is platinum in color, its the only one I have seen in this color. The Rocker Panels and everything are the Platinum its not two-tone like most Regals. I will post some detailed pics later.

93,000 Miles on it.

Engine:
Has a 3.25 Pulley
JMB Performance FWI
180 Tstat
41-932's (about 20K on them)
3 inch DP
2.5 inch Catback
Has a couple small valve cover leaks
Runs very strong
Best ET 13.98 on same mods in AZ.

Transmission:
Higher RPM's everything is solid and pulls hard as always.
Lower RPM's 3-4 gears there is some chatter and it feels like the TQ Convertor is jumping in and out of lockup so it slips a bit at 1500-2000 RPM range under a load. I replaced the TPS and no change except in throttle response. It could be the TCC Apply Valve or PCM issue. I have no idea honestly and I really don't care to find out. I am way too busy to be messing with this thing anymore and I am moving on.

Exterior:
The Car is Platinum in color. It is the Only Regal GS I have seen in this color. It is also not a two-tone like most Regals. It is unusual and looks really good in my opinion. There are some chips and scrapes like you would expect on a car of this age. There is a small dent in the deck lid that I will illustrate in the pics. I was quoted $260 to repair and repaint it at the local Dealership. Someone with moderate body skills could handle it with ease. The Car is rebadged as a GSX, includes the Side and Rear "GSX" Badges, Stage 3 Badge and GSX grill. I also have a set of Dual Exhaust cutouts from SLP but I had never gotten around to installing them. They are yours with the car, and NO I will not sell them seperately. The tires are in good shape 65% life left on them and mounted on Powdercoated Silver Torquestars from a GTP.

Interior:
The interior is in above average shape. Light wear on the drivers seat, some wear on door panels but nothing out of the ordinary. The steering wheel foam part is starting to flake off, but the leather wrap is good. The carpets are in good shape. It needs a DS Rear window regulator and the rear deck has a bit of a rattle when the stereo is on. All the electronics are fully functional and in good condition. The only thing I have noticed is that the button on the shift lever will not switch shift modes. Perf is always on.

Brakes/Suspension:

The brakes are in good shape and have plenty of life in them I replaced the pads and turned the rotors about 20K miles ago. The car is in need of struts, but what Regal doesn't? Again just another project I didn't have time for. The Magnasteer is in good shape and I have never had any issues on this car with steering.

I have a couple odds and ends spare parts around also, I think I have an intake manifold, and the stock grille. Those are yours too if you want them with the car.

I'll be honest the trans issue just came up this past week and its kind of annoying, but everything feels good still for the most part with the exception of the TQ Convertor going in and out of lockup. The engine is good and strong and has never given me a bit of trouble. The coolant has been regularly flusehed and oil changes have also been done regularly. I switched to newer organic coolant and got away from Dexcool a while back, and all oil changes have been done with Syntec 10/30 synthetic. The AC will freeze you out of the car and the heater is equally effective. I think with a little bit of time and work it can be a very nice car for somebody looking for an entry level Regal. I just don't have the time or desire to do it myself.

I'd be interested in some serious and realistic offers. I won't take a ridiculously low offer and I am not expecting more than wholesale for it. I know about what its worth as it sits. I can always do a few repairs and sell it locally also, I just don't want the hassle.

My email is modbug@cableone.net
Contact me that way please. I do not always have opportunity to browse the boards like I used to.

RE: 1999 Buick Regal GS Supercharged

So what is the wholesale on this thing ? I could use another eaton powered car.

Looks like I am going to trade this one in.

The value in Fair shape is $3560 that is the lowest trade in value. I would have taken $3000 but like I said I am going to trade this one in.

Man around here you coulda gottena hell of a lot more than 3K for that. Probably on ebay as well. Cool cars, I wanted on but bought a mark vii instead and supercharged that. I try to stay away form heatons though :p

Back