'94 Garnet Red Mark VIII FS / NW AR

4camfun

Registered
Good running car purchased from 2nd owners who had the car meticulously maintained at the local Lincoln dealer since they got it in 1996. All services done were documented on a spreadsheet to approx 120K miles. ( We are talking A/F flush/fill 3x, several sets of plugs, fuel filters, trans services, wires, alternator, battery, etc is all there.) They even had the faded factory headlamp housings replaced at 100K. No rust whatsoever, car is an Arkansas/Texas car its whole life.

Car is Garnet Red Glaze with Grey leather interior. 165k on the odometer.

Bought this car a few months ago, I needed a cheap daily driver. I picked it up with a bad trans and replaced it with a '00 GT 4r70w and converter. Replaced the factory climate controls with the updated hard button unit. PCV and air filters recently replaced as was the oil. It recently had a high idle problem that turned out to be a bad TPS, but that was not correctly diagnosed untill we had pulled the intake and replaced the IAC and all the intake gaskets/ injector o-rings, etc. Rear shocks have been replaced with the swap brackets and Monroe Sens-a-tracs. Car has had the air spring conversion done ( Strutmasters per dealership), no more air ride. A/C blows cold.

The front and rear bumpers are faded and should be repainted as well as the chrome trim in the door molding has mostly come off. Of course there are nics and paint chips to be expected from a 12 year old car but no major dents. 1 cracked bar in the grille, rear lock cover is missing the emblem and there is a small crack in the ds center taillight. ( I bought a nice replacement off Ebay a short time ago, it will be included with the car. It has the lock cover and good housings) The power antenna mast needs replaced but the motor does function. Interior is in OK shape, door panels are the worst part, I would replace at least the DS one. Common cracks in the woodgrain on the ashtrays/shifter bezels. Non-smoker car. Car has JBL stereo with AM/FM cassette. It will need tires ASAP, the Michelins are getting thin but do not show any odd wear. The front rotors look great but they used cheap pads and brake dust is an issue. I would clean up the existing rotors and put some good pads on it. It needs front end attention, by my diagnosis it will need both upper ball joints, 1 inner tie rod and strut rod bushings. I have already purchased these parts but have not had time to do the repair and they will be included with the sale of the car. The ABS/TC is inop at this time, the code is 29 for LR outlet valve. EGR tube is leaking exhaust and needs replaced. I have a replacement tube but have not had time to install it.

Thats all I can think of right now. I suspected 1 of the wires may have been damaged when I did the intake work so I replaced them with a set of MSD wires I had on my Cobra and a fresh set of Autolite 764 plugs. It still runs / drives well, I just returned from a 1400 mile round trip in it for the holidays, it got 27mpg on the highway running 80mph, and about 21 or so in town. I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere ( Obviously! ) but it does need more TLC. Take my parts and add an alignment/set of tires and have a nice dependable ride.

Car is located in Siloam Springs, Arkansas currently and I would be willing to drive to meet a buyer within a reasonable distance for the price of gas. Any more questions PM me or e-mail PritchSVT97 at hotmail.com.

Asking $2750 obo. Need to sell ASAP. I have too many vehicles right now and could use the cash. Thanks!

Back