seat trim

Lee Hildebrand

Registered
Lee
Hi,
I'm the newbe and I own a 1997 Mark 8 LSC with 44000 original miles with a Black body and Lt. Prairie Tan interior. What I need is the drivers seat lower left side trim that houses all the seat controls. It must be in excellent shape.
Please help, I will be very thankful.
Lee

RE: seat trim

Hi Lee, seen your post sit there with no response and figured I'ld put my two cents in. I had the exact same problem with mine, called the Ford dealer and was told it would be around $170 but it was still available, contrary to what lincoln claimed. I just fixed mine myself. I'll try to give you the basics, move the seat to its highest position or better yet pull the seat completely out. Two bolts, two nuts, three conectors and its out. There are small tear drop covers both on the forward and rear of the assembly with small philips head screws. After pulling the screws, pull the housing gently toward yourself, it has two plastic press pins that hold the cover in the center of the unit. After pulling, unscrew the controls and seperate the housing from the seat. At this point just use your imagination on the best way to make it usable even if temporary. I used a combination of componants to fix mine. If you can, just glue the broken parts back into place then JB Weld the hell out of it. Won't handle excessive pressure any better, but it might suffice until you can find a good replacement. Mine won't break again but the repairs are apparent on the exteior of the housing, it doesn't look bad, just not stock. It was quite an ordeal doing it and would be extensive in explaining the process. If your interested let me know and I'll try to furnish some instructions. Good luck with it, give me a shout if you've got any questions.

RE: seat trim

Still a Motorhead I called Max at five star ford and got one new for $104 Yes a lot of money for a little plastic but the real cause of it breaking is that the foam loses support and if you weigh 225 plus the edge folds and your but hits the plastic. Buy it new, take the seat out and take it to a shop and have densor fom put in. I did both my front seats and also put new panels in to replace cracked leather from a spare back seat panel I bought here on this site. The seats are great and look primo and no more crunched plastic (or you could use JB weld and super glue:D

Back