Lincoln Mark Series!

ryanthewebber

Registered
..Random Rant..

I am the biggest fan of these cars! I wish that one day they might continue with a new Mark IX. I am 21, and have had my Mark VIII since I was 19... most people think I am nuts that I love an 'older generation car'. My wish is to get my car back up to the way that it was when I bought it, but I fear that may never happen again :(.
She was a red 1993 Mark VIII
with 55 thousand miles
Fully Loaded
Not a scratch for the eye to see..
Well now she is a..
1993 Mark VIII
with 92 thousand miles
Fully Loaded
Worn and almost missing Weather Control Buttons (almost completely gone! :( )
Clouded Headlights
A busted Grille
The hood doesent completely seal
The hood cable release was damaged
A dented Chrome Header peice
A "Vibration" problem
Scratches from jerks in parking lots
One of my friends rammed the side of my car with a van and refused to tell me about it untill after I had inspected the damage.. needless to say I made them fix it!

What I have repaired thus far
1) New Grill (still broken)
2) New Chrome Header (shipping error caused quite a dent)
3) One new drivers side headlight
4) Paint job on the hood, and front bumper
5) Repaired and painted drivers side rear panel after it was smashed with a cheap van

So as you can see there is a long way to go.. should I really even care about this little project that much? Through my two years of research on this car I have determined that the componets are almost as expensive as the car is worth. The clouded headlight I bought was 70 bucks, 300 dolallars if I wanted a new grill.. just a few examples. Should I give up on my endevours? For a while I almost considered buying another one and making money off it by parting it out. Since most are anywhere from 2,000-3,800.

Ohhh and I went to a body shop and the guy laughed at me after calling around to price out the grill. He joked he just found a brand new grill for someone with a taurus for 20 bucks.. He told me I am driving the most expensive car around..

which brings me to another point! Why has the value of these cars depretiated so much?! Were talking about a lincoln mark series thats worth as much as a 1999 saturn sl-2.. If one was smart they'd store the car before the 10,000 point and bring it back out in 20 years after its a classic and it would be worth.. well.. who knows!

Wshew!

RE: Lincoln Mark Series!

Oh, I think we all have stories like that.

Keeping and repairing virtually any aging car is going to cost money. So, you want to ride around in a 13 year old Taurus because the grille is cheap?? Ha! :7

Buy it or sell it because you want it or do not want it. Drive what you want to drive. If you can find anything that is as good of a overall value as a Mark VIII, get it instead. Lincoln luxury and performance at side lot prices can't be beat.

Back