want your openion

7 sek mark

Registered
Im asking this here to get a hopefully unbiased opinion here. I currently have a 1990 ford probe GT turbo with 120k on the odo and about 10k on the entire suspension system as it was just replaced but the car needs at least a torque converter or something in the trans but still drive fine and it ran a 10.5 in the 1/8th last week stock. My other option is a 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z with 92k on the odo the car is 5-speed it needs an oil pan gasket and something in the front end he says but it does run and drive. I have always liked the mopar 2.2 turbo cars (lebarons, daytonas, caravans, ect...) and now is my chance to get a limited number car (only 7,581 made this year with this package) for a super cheep price should I do it? I would have to get rid of the probe to get the Daytona. Both cars have straight bodies except the probe is missing part on the 3 piece wing and the Daytona has a few small rust spots that have been kind of fixed. Both cars have very nice interior the probe is in a little better shape because is was garage kept most of its life but its baboon *** red. The Daytona is tan inside nothing is falling down or cracking yet besides the center armrest.

HELP yal what do yal think I should do here? Both cars need a little work but in different areas all of witch I can do my self. I think the Daytona is more worthy of having a little money thrown at it because is it more of a collector car and has fewer miles on it. What do yal think I should do here keep the probe and fix the trans or get rid have the probe and the Daytona? As it goes now I have about $50 in the probe in plugs and wires the car was given to me as is so I cant complain so if I do sell it would be 100% profit.

Forget them both and buy a Lincoln?! :p

Seriously, I don't know much about the Dodge. I honestly cannot fathom it being a 'collector' car, limited production maybe, but not collectible.

I do know the Probes can be made wicked fast on a budget. So what do you want out of the car? A Dodge in the garage or a Probe on the track?

i have a 94 mark VIII that i blew up about 3 weeks ago and im collecting parts to build the motor up. so basicley what im looking for is a dailey driver something i can drive when i break the linc or while its down. im driving the probe now and it kinda sux the trans is going out cuz the auto trannys in the probes suck anyways. stock the probe has 145 HP and the toruqe was rated at 190. the daytona is rated at 174 hp is 5-speed and is said to run a ~15.5 1/4.

Back