4" Dynotech Driveshaft

98MK8

Registered
Hello. I FINALLY recieved my 4" Dynotech MMC driveshaft yesterday. They sent me the wrong one the first time, a 3.5". So i had to send it back and wait for the other one, they actually shipped the 4" before i got to ship the 3.5" back to them, good guys. Anyways, has anyone else installed the 4" on their second gen? If so, how do i go about lining the "paint marks" up and such. And is there any other clearance issues? The stock D-shaft looks like it's a 4" as well, except a "2 piece". Anything special i should be aware of when installing? I just drop the gas tank, and install it, but i'm not sure about the whole paint marks thing. Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

As it's "new", you don't have to worry abut the balance paint marks. You would do that if you were going to remove and re-install the same one.

Ahh ic. So i shouldn't have to line anything up? And there shouldn't be any clearance issues should there? I mean with like the factory D-shaft loops? Thanks.

Shouldn't be. BTW, if you DO have a unbalance (Shake) problem, you'll have to repull the shaft and turn it 180 degrees and reinstall....Don't remember if you have enough clearance to do this without dropping the fuel tank or not. Watch closely when you do it the first time.

Shouldn't be. BTW, if you DO have a unbalance (Shake) problem, you'll have to repull the shaft and turn it 180 degrees and reinstall....Don't remember if you have enough clearance to do this without dropping the fuel tank or not. Watch closely when you do it the first time.

There is enough room to disconnect the rear u joint and "re-index" the shaft.
you wont have to pull the tank a second time in order to "re-index" if you have a vibration problem.

Back