J, I figured you would get a laugh out of this

BigBoyBoelts

Registered
Got Cams?

lol

SSPX0255.jpg

SSPX0253.jpg

SSPX0254.jpg

Not swapping...1 set is out of the 03 Cobra heads I bought, another set I won by accident off ebay from a 04 Cobra crate motor.

Those cams have almost the exact same specs as stock Mark VIII cams. The 96-98 Cobra cams are the best stock cams if you want to use stock cams.

Not when your going to use a S/C on the car.

They actually loose that 3 degree off set on the intake, which is not needed anyway.

Haha...awesome dude! Nice paper weights, hehe.

"almost" the exact same isn't the "exact" same. A .010 of an inch in a cam lobe can/will make a world of difference in its characteristics.

Sounds like Matt knows wtf is going on....except that they are sitting on a box and NOT in his car!

You know whats really funny is the color of that damn couch! WTH? :confused-red:

Hey free couch that was there when I moved in so now its down in the basement/work-room.

Yeah the heads are getting sent out to get a little work done on them here after the tax return comes back.

OK, maybe I should put it in other words, you will gain obviously no power from 03 Cobra cams either NA or Supercharged. You may gain maybe 10 horsepower with 96-98 Cobra cams.

Haha...awesome dude! Nice paper weights, hehe.

"almost" the exact same isn't the "exact" same. A .010 of an inch in a cam lobe can/will make a world of difference in its characteristics.

Sounds like Matt knows wtf is going on....except that they are sitting on a box and NOT in his car!

You know whats really funny is the color of that damn couch! WTH? :confused-red:

I would have never noticed the couch. Jesse, you are either very observant, or pretty damn bored! :p

I would have never noticed the couch. Jesse, you are either very observant, or pretty damn bored! :p

Lol, I have a strange attention to detail. Ever watch Miami Vice(the new movie)? In 20 minutes I noticed 5 voice overs and 6 fake sound effects. When I watch movies or tv, I pay attention to positions of the actors arms, or notice if a shirt collar is up in one scene, down in the next, and back up in the third. I ruin a lot of movies for my friends, lol.

The reason I noticed the couch is because I was trying to see which cams belonged together and all of a sudden wierd leaf caught my eye, and to be honest, that ugly picture behind the cams caught my attention first. Than I was like WTF are these in his spare bedroom? haha

almost" the exact same isn't the "exact" same. A .010 of an inch in a cam lobe can/will make a world of difference in its characteristics.

I don't "THINK" there is any difference in "lift" or "duration" between those cams, I "BELIEVE" the difference between the cobra cams and the Mark cams are "Cam Timing".

Which makes sense due to the Mark being a heavy automatic car, and the cobra being a lighter stick shift car.

With a super charger you dont need extreme valve events to properly fill a cylinder, in fact.. you could have less aggressive valve events in a SC application versus a NA application.

Ahhh.....some usefull info :) Cam timing would make sense, and a very interesting twist to consider, maybe we can look somewhere and get some actual fact so the "think/believe" can be for sures. *checks SH Mag*

It doesn't give me years, but it says there is a huge advantage in the 4 valve cams because the degree of lift is easier to aquire than on the 2 valve cams. I do have numbers for good profiles, but none from the factory cams.

I do remember reading that the 96-98 cobra cams are IDENTICAL to the 93-98 Mark 8 cams, with the only difference being "cam timing".this came up when someone asked if there were any benefits to adding "COBRA CAMS" to the Mark 8.. and it was determined they were the same except for the timing of the cams.

Now I dont know for sure this is true with the 99-UP cobra's..

The 96-98 Cobra INTAKE cams have 10 deg more duration than the Mark VIII Intake cams. The exhaust cams are the same or close to the same spec on all DOHC motors. Putting 96-98 Cobra intake cams in your Mark VIII engine should give you 10-15 horsepower.

So based on what you said above Serge, the 03 Cobra cams are exactly the same as the M8 cams without any timing difference?

Back