Hey Folks....leeeeetttts plaaaay "NAME THAT PART!"

J

OCCUPY LoD :)
Alrighty guys...........lets see how good you guys are!

Heres the rules......

I'll post a picture and you MUST guess what it is, and what auto maker used it.

1)You have to guess EXACTLY WHAT it is, the "system/section" its used for/on...i.e. emissions system, fuel injection system, intake manifold, exhaust and so on.
2)You have to identify which automotive manufactor makes it...i.e. FLM/Chevy/Dodge(If you think you're super human smart...name the year/model of the car)
3)NO cheating....and if you don't know, just guess...it'll help everyone else out.
4)NO flaming please....don't call the person above you a retard because they called a spark plug a muffler bearing...just a simple LOLz will suffice. :D
5)If everyone agrees to "give up" than I'll post the answer, but I think you'll be able to figure them all out.

If you think we should add more rules or if I'm being too tough....let me know.

This is a super cool looking part which is a VERY common failure.
171249366149.jpg

171249372421.jpg

Man, this is HARD!

Is it a thingy for a doo-waddy on a you know? :laugh:

I need a clue. Electrical or vacuum?

Lmao, you guys are GREAT :D I thought this would be a semi-easy one.

Its electric/vacuum operated.......

Alexander...nope, its not a villan but you've figured out part of its name.

Arachnophobia is the scientific name for the fear of spiders. Is is the most common example of an animal phobia and many people experience it mildly and for some people it has very intense effects. Different people suffer to different degrees and to those who do not suffer them phobias seem irrational, the afflicted person reacts intensely to the merest sign of the phobia causing animal. It is often difficult if not impossible for those of us not suffering to make any sense of what they are experiencing. Phobias can be stimulated by many animals but spiders are the most common source. Phobias do not infer a cowardly or otherwise weak mind, Bowers of the Antarctic, an intrepid explorer of the most inhospitable places on earth was apparently terrified of spiders. People who suffer badly can not even enter a room without having someone else check it for spiders first.

WTF Roadboss, this isn't "NAME THAT DISFUNCTION!". Haha. Naw....its NOT on a Mark8, but we're not playing name what car that isn't on!

Matts getting warm! Remember, you guys CAN give up and I'll move onto something easier.......like a spark plug. :)

maybee?

maybee?

Ill take a stab at it. It looks real similliar to the inner intake fuel distibution tubes that get clogged in the 4.3 chevy vortec intakes. When i had mine all apart to put on the bigger throttle body i was looking at it and its hard to forget. Mines a 1998 chev 1500 p/u.

Good Job dude :D In the biz they call it the "Spider Injector" for ALL the Vortec engines Chevy/GMC/Old offered. They are super common failures for those engines and will give you a bad misfire....mostly on the V6 engines though. This particular piece is the old one off of a 95 GMC Jimmy with the 4.3 Vortec.

Now onto the next one :D

My turn:

Jesse...please hang tight for at least 5 other guesses...then it's all yours, cuz I know you have one.

NAME THIS PART/TOOL/DEVICE/APARATUS/THINGA-MA-BOB

SLIPV618.jpg

that was a GUESS....a wrong guess....
keep em coming gang....
Jesse...that's one....4 more randon shots in the dark, and it's all yours.

That is a tight space inspection scope -- sometimes called a bore scope.

Last edited:
Back