rear brake light problem

LSCPEARLRIDER

Registered
The rear brake like on my gen 2 stoped working yesturday,
I turned the car on and went to get something from the trunk when i noticed that the light was lit up. I jumped back in and turned the car off and then had my buddy press the brake while I was out side, the light never turned on.
I then had him follow me and he said the light never turned on.
any suggestions??

Well it could be ballast, neon or it may just be the notorious wire harness along the driver's side hinge. I had weird problems on my Gen 1, like the remote trunk lid button not working, brake lights out, etc....

Take a careful look at that harness, you will have to peel the cover back.

Did the corner brake lamps come on and just not the neon lamp or was it no brake lamps at all?

The Neon stopped working on one of our regular customer's '97 Mark VIII and I traced the problem down to a defective ballast. Through Ford, they're only available as part of the complete Neon assembly; ~$900 CDN, but that doesn't really matter, because Canadian Parts Network shows them back ordered USA, no promise date!

I had the service advisor advise the customer that we had a non-Ford source for a ballast replacement kit - "Glitch" - and that the kit was only $90US.

Boy, were they both happy. We ordered one and I just put it in today.

I HAD to post a testimonial!!

The kit is a thing of beauty. Easy to install, took half an hour. Complete, and I mean complete, instructions with colour step-by-step illustrations. For those of you lacking experience, Glitch even shows you how to make good wire splices!

There's even a small adjustment screw on the side of the inverter to set brightness to your personal preference.

Fantastic, well thought out unit. We're ordering a second one for another customer.

If you need one, contact Glitch at glitch@hotmail.com.

Back