And you thought your car was low, (some parking garage pics)

maxmk8

Registered
garage2bg.jpg

garage3bg.jpg

garage1bg.jpg

garage4.jpg

(no that is not the stock ride height for a vette)

This took a lot of getting use to when I first started driving the car. Now I wish I lowered the Mark VIII. Bad part is although it looks good IMO, many things become a hassle and even a hazard, and the car becomes much more of a "weekend" cruiser and not a Daily Driver.

Comments on the pics? They are actually 7.2 megapixel pictures, but I had to size them down which caused quite a big loss of quality...

lol Thanks for the comments on the pics :love-it:.

Here are the mods.
Short Throw Shifter
Cold "ram" air intake (through those front mesh screens)
Borla Cat Back exhaust
Chrome letters in the back
Flushed out Tail Lights
Complete Z06 suspension, springs, shocks, swaybars (lowered 1.5 inches)

That is it for now.

Hot Vette, but my Mark is a LOT lower :p Oh, and Megapixels have NOTHING to do with quality of a photo. Did you know the Mars surface pictures were taken with a 1 megapixel camera? So when you shop cameras, look at the lens, not the pixel rating!

About megapixels, yea you're right to some extent, lenses are important as well as the image sensor etc.

I was just trying to give some background as to why the pictures appear a bit fuzzy. When I look at the full size pic the quality is better, no matter what I did, some quality was lost when I sized them down using photochop.

Well either way, they look neat with that sodium, or whatever, lighting. Gives a neat glow!

Oh, and I know what you mean about certain things becoming a hazard. My k-member clips rocks as small as an inch and the road has to be level, that is not raised up in the middle, such as patch work.

If I dont know the roads, I raise the car up via the ModuleVIII but generally its slammed.

The other day I was out on some country roads. I turned off the main road onto a side one. I traveled it before, but forgot about the big dip in it. I went from 0-60 as fast as I could with the car slammed, saw the dip and then I saw a shower of sparks in the rear view mirror! And I mean a SHOWER! It was neat, but freaked me out. No damage though...

I was driving behind Jesse, on a local Cruise. It was a coastline road so there were a few dips etc. I saw plenty of sparks coming from behind that guy. He is riding pretty low as well. Can't beat that look though.

I think it looks good, but I'd hate to drive a car that low. I can't even get out of my garage without hearing my mufflers hit the ground and it makes me cry a little tear every time.

I think it looks good, but I'd hate to drive a car that low. I can't even get out of my garage without hearing my mufflers hit the ground and it makes me cry a little tear every time.

Try pulling the car out at a angle.
It works for me.

Maxmk8,
The car looks great.
I am thinking about getting a vette.

oh my... never happened with my Mark VIII. Well I guess I should never say never. It happened on my 1996, I was in a really hilly mountain town and had to make a 3 point turn in someone’s driveway. The car was at a 30% angle when I pulled in and once I was pulling out... you guessed it scccccrrraaaapppppp... The muffler tip got it.

The back of the vette is no problem... but the front is, thanks to that air-dam. (It is actually spring actuated and retracts), but it still scrapes, the car also have two small wheels you can't see they are right under the front bumper. Another funny point was the fact that the manual states that scraping over large bumps is "normal" and "should not be a cause for concern". haha

Try pulling the car out at a angle.
It works for me.

Maxmk8,
The car looks great.
I am thinking about getting a vette.

Thank you. What Vette are you thinking about...? avoid the 00-01 because they tend to burn a lot of oil. The newer the better is the rule with these.

Not yet, I just ordered some HIDs. I love the LED tail lights... but I think I am going to stick with more functional mods fist.

So far only the 3rd tail light has LEDs, but that is stock. :)

Steve has over 18,000 posts on the corvette forums. So he is pretty busy :).

From vette hid?

I've been eyeing a pair of those for a long time...

You should do the LEDs, they look so freakin' good, and compaired to HIDs, they are super cheap.

:D -J

Nope, I am just getting the bulb kits for now. I didn't want to spend $1000 on the full scale kit for now since I don't think the lights are "that bad". Plus I need some wheels and tires for the Vette. I am sooo done with those awful runflats

I will post some before after pics after installing the kit. And no they won't be the "lame" garage door pics that don't really show anything. Or pics directly aimed at the lights stating "So much brighter now look" lol.

I doubt it!!! You're too well versed with the MarkVlll. Besides what about all your parts stash??LOL

max im sorry i cannot compliment your car because i absolutely dont like corvettes, but the orange lighting in the garage looks terrible. i hate ornage lights, you need to park the car near the ocean and get some pics of it. the best thing that ever happened to my father in law was blowing the engine in his vette forcing him to sell it. then i talked him into buying a navigator, ahhhhhhhhhh back in the lincoln family!!! im sorry i dont have a compliment for you, i could give you one, but i would be lieing! it is low though!!!

Max.....I absolutely LOVE those pictures! Imagine my M8 doing a burnout in that lighting/atmosphere....that would be BA! :D The Vette looks good....in the pictures. Hint hint......... :embarrassed:

I was driving behind Jesse, on a local Cruise. It was a coastline road so there were a few dips etc. I saw plenty of sparks coming from behind that guy. He is riding pretty low as well. Can't beat that look though.

LMAO....I must have scraped my K member 10 times that trip, not only that, since I was 3rd/4th in line, I always slowed the pack down, haha.

Sig.jpg

Unity....your car lower than mine, cuz Max's Vette is pretty low(although I have yet to see it in person!)?

PIC069.jpg

max im sorry i cannot compliment your car because i absolutely dont like corvettes, but the orange lighting in the garage looks terrible.

When I grew up, my parents taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it at all. :laugh:

i hate ornage lights,

You hate orange lights?! LMAO...you're wierd! :love-it:

Back