its one thing after another with me.

jamies98lsc

Registered
when does it end? i havent been sick or needed doctors in years, now i had to deal with my abscessed tooth all week, thats fine now, no more pain and no more swelling, ahhhhhhhhh i can go back to life again, oh wait, i dont think so. last night i feel a sore throat coming on, ok, well maybe since my tooth hurt all week i cut way back on smoking because i wasnt in the mood. so now that the tooth is better, i can get back to my lung darts like normal, i thought maybe the shock of smoking full bore again after a week of barely smoking might be the cause of the sore throat. nope, we find out yesterday my daughter has strep throat, guess who else has it now, except my little girl is happy go lucky eating drinking and living it up while daddy is in his room hiding from the world and cant swallow without wanting to shoot myself. why all the sudden am i getting all this crap hitting me at once, and to make it worse, this whole week while i have been down for the count, my brother in law and his fiance are down here from massachusetts visiting us, they are leaving tomorrow and we all made plans to go out tonight for dinner at red fish blue fish, awesome place to eat here in florida, and who's sitting at home and couldnt go. i cant even tolerate drinking fluids, whenever i swallow its like razor blades. i though being full of penecillin there was no way i could have caught her strep throat, now im pumping myself full of amoxocillin. this totally sucks. im not looking for sympathy, just more or less venting.

This is coming from an ex nurse. Abcessed tooth lowered your resistance and allowed the strep to take hold. Different bacteria needs different antibiotic. Very common problem. Just be good to yourself and get plenty of rest.

Thats what I was going to say....all the infection/bacteria from the abcessed tooth caused all your issues.....should have gotten that tooth fixed sooner :D

Damn kids. ;-) Feel better soon, and remember to take your full course of antibiotics even if you feel better, and don't drink alcohol!

Venting

Venting

Come on Jamie.....you can't be sick....i need some wheels.....
Just take care of yourself so you can get back into the game....
Wesley

That the problem with you young kid's, to much smoking and drinking and not enough physical exercise, now get down and give me 20. LOL

Take Care my young friend.

Cecil

i smoke but i dont drink. i havent had a beer in i dont know when. i dont bother anymore i never have the urge. i havent had a smoke in 26 hours either maybe i can pull it off and quit. with my son due at any moment it would be the perfect thing to do anyway.

i smoke but i dont drink. i havent had a beer in i dont know when. i dont bother anymore i never have the urge. i havent had a smoke in 26 hours either maybe i can pull it off and quit. with my son due at any moment it would be the perfect thing to do anyway.

...only if you want to lead a more healthy life. I dare ya!!!

Wow Jamie... I hope you get better. When it rains it pours!!! But a week from now you will forget that anything was wrong with ya :D

little update. my brother in law and his fiance left today to go back to massachusetts at 1 pm. by 2 pm i had my wife bring me to the E.R, my throat had just about swelled shut and it was very difficult for me to breathe. not to mention the most insane pain trying to swallow. so i was wrong diagnosing my own problem thinking i had strep throat like my daughter, i have tonsilidous. the shot me in the butt cheek with steroids today and then put me on some Clindamycin to fight the problem. i guess i shouldnt have taken it upon myself to ingest amoxicillin without knowing what was wrong, non the less it didnt bother me . i can finally swallow with no pain at all after 3 days. i have also lost 7 lbs in a week between the tooth ache and tonsils. now my wedding rings falls off my finger! i have also picked up a pack of smokes and only had 3 in the past 24 hours and they taste disgusting. i think i will nurse this pack and make it stretch as long as i can and after they are gone i am quitting. ive been smoking for 16 years and it would feel fantastic to give it up. my father quit after 40 years smoking, i think i'll try it for good too.

I sure hope you feel better soon! If you can stop smoking, that will be really great. My husband smoked his last one (after 15 years) on New Year's Eve 1998. He says he can tast and smell things much better now!

Back