1990s side windows handling

Taurus90

Registered
Hi!

One more thing I noticed when driving the 1990 LSC: On driver and on passenger side each door panel wents some millimeters (one have not to look so close to the panels - it's an pretty obviously effect) towards the passenger room when the door windows go up or down. As it's the same effect on both sides - could it be "normally"? If not - could it be fixed in an inexpensive way?

Thanks!

Hmmm....sorry trying to understand what you wrote.

You're saying the windows only go down partially, or is there something wrong with the door panels?

Wait, I think I got it........when you roll down the window, the door panel "bulges" out towards the inside of the car? If that is the case, it sounds like the window tracking has came loose, should be an easy fix and you'll be able to see whats going on once you remove the door panel.

No problem.....its actually a very common issue. Most likely the rivets/bolts pulled out from the inside of the door skin, so now the entire window track/motor assembly moves when you roll the window down, causing it to move and hit the door panel. Shouldn't be a hard fix at all.

As I drove home with my "new" car today I noticed nothing wrong with the windows going down and up anymore ... It seems that Ford did a good job - the cars repair themselves ;)

Lol, sweet. I'm sure it'll be back once you take a hard turn or something. Either way, it'd be good to take a peak, sometimes the door skins RIP and there is a lot of "fabbing" to get it back to normal.

Back