1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC - 76k - SoCal

PostShawn

Registered
I have a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC with just 76k miles. It's green with tan leather interior. It has the sun roof, 10 disc changer in the trunk, LSC package of course, 16 chrome wheels (originals), original full dual exhaust on the LSC so don't have to worry about smog people bugging you on that, etc. This car is registered and smogged a year ago. If needed it will pass again with no problems.

The car does have some damage on the passenger rear fender. It will require some work if you wanted it fixed. It doesn't effect driving or performance at all. Also the check suspension light comes on. It's just a sensor that is probably wrong. I already replaced the air compressor. The bags are all in great shape and the car sits at a good height still. I have an extra relay that goes on the compressor bracket that you can try. It's either that or one of the sensors. I don't have equipment where I live to get it in the air or I would have been all over the car fixing that sort of thing.

The car recently had new brake pads installed and a brake fluid flush done at Firestone a few months ago. Almost exactly a year ago it had a transmission flush and new filter.

I had a Tbird I got to 15 flat in the quater mile. This car isn't raced at all but I can tell you it feels faster then my tbird. This 4.6 32v Dual Overhead Cam engine is awesome. The performance on this car is great. I've only put 6k miles on it in the past year.

I am asking $4,600. (KBB says about $5,400 with some damage & $6,200-6,700 without damage, Edmunds.com even says around 5 with damage.) I need it gone quick so I am asking even lower then both of those sites value it at. I have Autocheck (its like Carfax but better) and get even send you the report on this car which is clean.

Here are some photos of the bad parts:

The rear. There is paint kind of chipped at the bottom left. It's about 3 inches long. You can see I used some touch up paint for now. Also on the drivers side (left) the corner light has a small crack in it. The light and trim around it have the crack. I have another corner light but it has chrome trim and not green. I will through that in with the car though.
m801.jpg

m802.jpg

There is a small dent the size of a quater under the rear drivers side window. You can see it in this picture just under that window towards the back.
m803.jpg

The most damage is to the side of the car. Stupid parking lot hit and run drivers. A friend tried to fix it but it didn't come out that well. It's a little dented in but not much. Mostly there were holes to pull most of the dent out and they were sloppily filled and painted over. You can see them under the molding. Then there are the three white scrapes above the wheel well. They might be able to be buffed out but I really don't know paint work that well. The top of those scuffs has a small dent to it.
m804.jpg

m805.jpg

If you have any questions please contact me. My email is ss_films@yahoo.com or PM me here. The car is in Los Angeles, near Beverly Hills. You can come check or I can even drive to you if you are close. More photos are available upon request.
Thanks,
Shawn

Wash the poor thing and get us some good pictures! :D Also....interior pictures would be great.

for sure, even a car with body damage still looks alot better with a wash and some shine to it!! when a car is damaged and dirty on top of that, it makes the damage look 10 times worse. not to hard of a fix though, someone out there will want it to fix, goodluck.

Good advice guys. Thanks. Here are some fresh pictures of a clean car. The rest can be seen HERE.

m812.jpg

m810.jpg

m8020.jpg

m8025.jpg

Also a couple other things that need mentioning are it has the drivers side handle problem The handle broke but still works. An inside tab broke off so will need replacing eventually. Same goes with the drivers side seat side panel where the buttons are. The panel broke off from the screws. I am looking for a replacement parts for these and if I find them before the car is sold they will be included and/or installed.

Thanks,
-Shawn

Ok, I just found a green door handle, drivers side tail light, and the seat trim button panel. So those items I will be purchasing these and they will either go with the car or be installed if I get them early enough.

Thanks.
-Shawn

Just as a nother pointer... if you clean up those headlights the car will look much nicer. The interior is in great shape! As opposed to a pretty rough exterior.

Well one light has moister inside and the other doesn't. I did just a plastic polish method and it just went right back after a month. I might try the other methods mentioned there sometime in the next week. Thanks for the link with the info.

maxmk8, I'm actually looking to pick up the other car you have in your sig photo after I sell this one :) I found one will all the options and low miles. Just need a bit extra which getting rid of this Mark8 should do.

Last edited:
NEW PRICE!

$4,300 or best offer.

I need to move this car quick. Serious about selling. Contact me with any questions at all.
Thanks,
Shawn

Back