Anyone With a Glitch Ballast?

95blklsc

Registered
I have a Glitch ballast in the 97 and the neon doesn't work. I'm trying to diagnose the problem but I would like to look at his install PDF on his website but it's password protected. I e-mailed him a few days ago but I still haven't heard. Anyone with the password please PM me.

For more info, I can hear the ballast buzz when the parking lights are on but when the brake is pressed I don't hear anything. No light is emitted at any point. All of the connections seem to be sound.

I can't help with the problem, but I wonder... did it work before? Or did you just install it?

I still haven't talked to Jeremi about it. I just started looking at it a day or so ago. I know Eric (the last owner) said it didn't work, and not much else. I thought it had a bad ballast but it turns out it has a Glitch ballast. In a day or so I may bring it to a neon shop and have them put the wand near it to see if the bulb works. Anyway, we'll see.

It may not have been completed installed....you have to adjust the voltage on the ballast. I had to make about 15 turns towards "bright" to get mine right.

I did go both ways on the adjustment and still nothing. Were there any points in the adjustment range where the bulb didn't light at all?

I can't remember which way it was, but yes, it was so dim I could not see the glow (in the daylight). Lemme go see if I can find the instructions.

The ballast works fine from what you wrote in the PM. There must be something wrong between the ballast and the neon, or the neon itself. Check your PM.

BTW, I didn't like the whole adjustment deal, I thought it was poorly designed.

Sounds to me like full clockwise is the brightest. Instructions were to back off adjustment 5.5 turns for normal (from the full brightness position).

Back