255/50/16 ?????

superdave502

Registered
Hey, has anyone tried 255/50/16s on a 1 1/2 spring lowered car?? I'm NOT afraid to roll the lips. Think it'll work? Thanks!

I see no tire size calculator. Are you talking about the WHEEL calculator or am I missing something. I doubt it would calculate the 1 1/2 lowering anyway. I was just hoping for some actual experience with 255/50/16 and a lowered car. anyone?

Last edited:
Thanks, but again I'm lookin for some actual experience with them.That calculator says that I can't put 335/30/18s on the back of an 80' Z/28 but they're on it! Ya smell what I'm steppin' in?! I'll most likely at least roll the wheelwell lip to go a little bigger and I'm not too worried about rubbing at full turn I just don't want any on the highway or over bumps. I figured if a 245 does'nt rub then with a rolled lip the 255 shold be ok. I just havent read about LOWERED marks with 245's. Anyone done 245/50/16 or 255/50/16 on a lowered mark? ( mine is the 1 1/2 strutmaster kit) THANKS!!

You don't need to roll anything if you're using the stock 7" wheels. Making the 255s fit on that wheel is going to be a problem since 255s need 8" or more usually.

245 should fit just fine though.

I have 245/45/18s on and they fit fine. I doubt you will have a problem with slightly wider. I don't know but the tires MIGHT bulge a bit on stocker wheels.

Kyle you have 18s... from what it sounds like this guy is running stock wheels.

Unless your 18s are 7 inches wide and come with a 39mm offset your post really can't steer this guy in the right direction :p

I have my Mark lowered - 22 1/2" bottom of rim to top of wheelwell, and use these MT ET Street DR's on stock rims at the drag strip with no rub at all. My sig shows these tires on the car, and these linked videos too.

http://videos.streetfire.net/uploaded/35058301.htm

markmodsdrhelmet001.jpg

I Run 512's---255/50/16's On 7" Rims--- These Tires Are Manufactured To Fit 7 Inch Rims-- They Have A Real Sturdy "deep" Bead For The Rim.. Had Em On 3 Thousand Miles Now ....no Problems And Great Handling And Wet Traction.

I Run 512's---255/50/16's On 7" Rims--- These Tires Are Manufactured To Fit 7 Inch Rims-- They Have A Real Sturdy "deep" Bead For The Rim.. Had Em On 3 Thousand Miles Now ....no Problems And Great Handling And Wet Traction.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are 512's?

Forgive my ignorance, but 512 whats? Who makes them? I'ld like to go with a set of 255/50 16's and would be interested in any other info on them.

Back