New Update on 4R70W swap

Well folks, my baby still isn't running. I got a tranny for my 95 1st Gen Mark from what I was told was a 97 Mark. Found that torque converter bolt pattern didn't match. Went to Auto Zone and they ordered wrong one TWICE! Finally got new flywheel only to find out the new tranny is about 1/2"-3/4" longer so driveshaft wouldn't fit. Tried another shaft but still too long. Working on getting original shortened next. But tranny is all bolted in and all that needs done is driveshaft, gas tank and exhaust re-installation. My B&M deep dish pan looks great and with the tranny cooler it should run cool!

Had I known it would be this much of a pain in the butt, I would have shot the damn thing and put it out of it's misery. Where's the thermite when I need it?

On a positive note, I've only got 84K miles on it. It should carry me to my grave (I hope). Or put me in it sooner than I'd like!

Later
BBB

Last edited:
97 marquis probably.. which has the WRONG tailshaft and tailshaft housing to properly fit the mark 8.

That is definately NOT a mark 8 transmission, probably the crown vic/Marquis tranny.

shortening the driveshaft MAY be an option, hopefully the longer tailshaft doesnt cause problems with the factory driveshaft loop which is "right at the back of the tranny"... whatever you do.. do NOT leave that driveshaft loop out when you put it all back together.

yea, I believe so.. but you have to tear the box down {apart} to do it.

its not easy like unbolting and swapping the rear shaft housing.

not worth the effort or cost from what I understood

Back