12.269 @113.89

steve

With "LOD" Since 1997
So I still have the stock run craps tires and stock drivetrain with 3.15 gears.
For those of you that do not know the run flat tires (aka run craps) are the tires that come a Corvette, they can run with zero PSI in them and have very stiff side wall, not the best for racing, and letting some air out dose not help you.

So before the heads and cam I ran a 12.746 @ 108.98, this was on a very good day weather condition wise.

So tonight my first run was my best, 12.269 @113.89. The other two runs were 12.3.
So I believe with the right weather conditions and DR tires I can see 11s.:cool:

Congrats! :)

Nice times for crap tires(your words, not mine!). :D

Anytime you can get 0.5 seconds from any mod - that's a good thing! Especially when you're in the 12s! It takes a lot more to go from 12.7 to 12.2 than it does from 14.7 to 14.2!! :wave022:

I am so glad I got rid of those POS excuses of tires.

Looks like you shaved quite a bit of time off your original timeslip and added 5mph! Do you have an upgraded stall coverter? You must since you put in that cam... Are you thinking about 3.42s?

How is the driveability with those mods? Still stalling at idle or did you get that figured out?

So you pretty much got a low 12second car that can run that any day!! SHhhweeet.

I am so glad I got rid of those POS excuses of tires.

Looks like you shaved quite a bit of time off your original timeslip and added 5mph! Do you have an upgraded stall coverter? You must since you put in that cam... Are you thinking about 3.42s?

How is the driveability with those mods? Still stalling at idle or did you get that figured out?

So you pretty much got a low 12second car that can run that any day!! SHhhweeet.

The idle was fixed, I went back the next day, he hooked up the lap top and tweaked it.
I am still on the stock converter. The drivability is very good for a car with all that n/a power. On the highway it is very smooth. In park is the only time you really feel the cam. Stopped in drive you know it is there but not that much.
I am going to keep the 3.15 gears and maybe put money in to better tires and a converter.

I think 295s will fit the stock rims I would go at least as wide as that. But it doesn't seem like you have touble hooking those run flats.

Glad that idle thing was taken care of!

Possibly... it is hard for me to justify driving 120-200 miles only to race my car 2-3 times... Also I am working M-F so I'll have to take time off work specifically for this.

Back