Air suspension relay location???

tsi18psi

Registered
Does any body know where the relay for the air suspension compressor is at on a 94 conti.?
My compressor will not turn on when I turn the car on.
My front end will not raise up.
I hooked up a hot wire and ground to the pump and it turned on.
All the fuses are good so I think its the relay but I dont know where its at.

thanks in advance

The Compressor Relay is located at the LH side of engine compartment, on front of power distribution box
41875764.gif

Last edited:
Thats what I thought but I wasnt sure.
Thank you.
Do you think thats what it could be?
I hooked a hot and ground up to the compressor and it pumped up.

Swap the A/C relay with the compressor relay and see if it works. :) It sounds like you're on the right track.

I was ganna swap the anti-lock relay since its rite there just to see if it works.
Im almost positive the relay will fix it
Where is th ac relay.I must be missing it.:)

That works too, they are both the same. I think the A/C relay is in the Power Dist. Box, but the ABS relay will do just fine. Good Luck!

So, I swapped the relays and nothing.
Im going to try it with the car jacked up tomm.
If that does it the compressor is prolly to weak.
What do you think?

Its a no go.
I raised the car up on jacks and it wouldnt pump back up.
Do you think the compressor is bad? To weak???

No problem Josh!

Did the compressor engage? If so, than you'll need to jack the car up and check all the air bags for cracks. The compressor doesn't flow enough air fast enough to keep up with the air that is leaking out.

Follow the syptoms/instructions here...I have to go back to the CHP academy for the week so I can't help more until next week. Sorry.

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/88-94 cont page.htm

I have found on that on the mark viii your computer will figure out that it has to cycle the pump too much to keep up with leaking airbags and in turn will not allow the pump to turn on to try and save the pump.. If the pump kicks on when you jump it and the relay is good then replace those bad airbags and see what it does then.

Before the headgasket went they stayed pumped up.
I got them to fill up and as long as I was driving it they stayed pumped up.
Is there a vent of somekind that could be leaking.
I want to check every little thing before I go changing the front suspension.
I cant realy afford to change the front bags.

So should I replace the dryer?
Is the vent actually inside the dryer?
How does it vent out?
How do I get the air lines off the dryer?

There is a vent relay in the pump itself and the lines come off the dryer by depressing the little orange sleeve as you pull out the air line.

Your car will always keep itself pumped up while your driving until the leaks are bad enough that you computer will see that it is cycling too often at which it will try to save the pump by not engageing. If your car leaks air out one day and not the next, it is certainly your airbags. They develope little cracks at the rollover area that may be exposed at one point and leak but after moving the car and it settles at a new position it may not. In addition to your question the computer tells the valves on the bags to vent until the level is correct and when they vent it goes through the line back to the pump where there is another vent in the pump to let it out. But I would think that if your comp tells the bag valves to close then there wouln't be any air venting from the pump any way. You might just have a valve issue at the bags.

What I meant was my car will keep itself pumped up while driving.Even tho the compressor never turns on. I had to hot wire the compressor to get the front end raised up.Then I drove the car all day and it never went down.So I dont think the bags are bad.
I unplugged the a/s computer, used a jumper wire from pin 35 to 37 on the wiring harness and the compressor came on. Could I have a bad a/s computer?

I dunno about all that.....your saying that the problem is the pump wont come on right? Since the pump has not worked has it lost air and lowered? if so does one side lower more rapily?

Back