Newest Snake Oil Scheme

This is some con artist. Go to the main site http://befreetech.com and he's selling everything from no soap laundry tablets to ant hill eaters to oil eating dirt to free electricity to, and this is my favorite, feeding plants with sound!

This is just too funny, check out the video for the sonic plant feeding, it's hysterical.

Last edited:
I would agree...most of these types of products are lame.

However, if all seemingly outlandish items like these did not work, I wouldn't be driving a Mark with 240rwhp and 250rwtq on a completely stock engine.

I would agree...most of these types of products are lame.

However, if all seemingly outlandish items like these did not work, I wouldn't be driving a Mark with 240rwhp and 250rwtq on a completely stock engine.

What are you getting at with that statement?

What are you getting at with that statement?

I had been haranged (?) for years by a couple guys on the board for experimenting with "snake oil" auto mods...which in all honesty most were indeed a waste of money. I found a couple though (that are still in my Mark now) that actually work, ergo the 240rwhp and 31mpg at 70mph on a "stock" engine. I even posted dyno charts, but no one was interested in the products I was using.

I had been haranged (?) for years by a couple guys on the board for experimenting with "snake oil" auto mods...which in all honesty most were indeed a waste of money. I found a couple though (that are still in my Mark now) that actually work, ergo the 240rwhp and 31mpg at 70mph on a "stock" engine. I even posted dyno charts, but no one was interested in the products I was using.

So what do you have done to your car? List everything.

So what do you have done to your car? List everything.

A million things, but the only things that have any chance at all of affecting rwhp are:

Intake silencer removal
Lonnie's true lock-up converter
Nology wires
Copper cold plugs
255lph fuel pump
Adj fuel pressure regulator (stock setting)
Screamin Demon coil packs
Xcal program from Lonnie

and the following "snake oil" items:

Fuel line magnet
Fitch fuel catalyst

I think that's everything. Intake, exhaust, engine, heads, injectors, etc. are all stock.

Am I 100% sure that the snake oil items work? No, but I'd really like to know how I ended up with my hp numbers if they don't work.

hmmm

hmmm

I was gonna order a hydrogen atomizer part, till i saw the 1000.00 price tag. Jeesee...The hydrogen thing does work. My buddie has one on his lawnmower. I saw it run on hydrogen after he cut off the fuel once it got running , it kept running till it ran out of water. Wonder what ever happened to that guy. It looked like a 60s sci fi robot on top, with all the tubes, but it worked.

Any one got a Mach 1 lower intake to sell me instead?:) :) ;) Or a real 2001 SVT cobra intake? Not the 1998 ones.

A million things, but the only things that have any chance at all of affecting rwhp are:

Intake silencer removal
Lonnie's true lock-up converter
Nology wires
Copper cold plugs
255lph fuel pump
Adj fuel pressure regulator (stock setting)
Screamin Demon coil packs
Xcal program from Lonnie

and the following "snake oil" items:

Fuel line magnet
Fitch fuel catalyst

I think that's everything. Intake, exhaust, engine, heads, injectors, etc. are all stock.

Am I 100% sure that the snake oil items work? No, but I'd really like to know how I ended up with my hp numbers if they don't work.

Here's my dyno chart on my 95
Here's what was done:
-Fresh 12C plugs
-Stock wires
-fresh o2's
-2.5 inch exhaust
-Tune
-02 GT maf (not really any sort of power adder)
-stock fuel pump
-stock regulator
-stock coils
-110K miles at the time

I put down just under 250 to the tires, so your 240 isn't unreasonable with your mods. I wouldn't attribute it to the snake oil mods. Also before I put gears in I was able to get 30 MPG average on the highway without issue. Your car isn't a freak its just running the way it should! =)

500067_32_full.jpg

Wayne, maybe your numbers aren't so unreasonable -- I put down about 230/247 and that was just with the true dual exhaust. No tune or chip at that time.

I really need a dyno again. That was done about 3 years ago. My gas mileage rather sucks, but I attribute that to how I drive :).

I read about this carb. back around 1952-3 as tested by car and driver (I think) and they got over 100mpg from a "52-53 buick straight 8 with dynaflow and increased performance. also related the same story about Mr. Pogue, except he said his life and his family's life were threatened and that's why he never produced any except for two that he and his partner were allowed to keep

200 MPG Carburator

Suppressed Technology, or Urban Legend?
By William D. Siuru, Jr., PHD, PE [Learn More]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s something for those believe in conspiracy theories. For decades, many people have believed that fuel saving devices like the 200-mpg carburetor are practical, but suppressed by corporations interested in selling gasoline and gasoline guzzling vehicles.

For example, in 1932, Canadian Charles Nelson Pogue invented a carburetor that was tested by Ford and Winnipeg Motor Company of Canada. Instead of using conventional methods of delivering liquid gasoline into the engine, he created a superheating device that first boiled the fuel into a dry vapor. It was documented that his system got over 200 mpg. It sent shock waves through the Stock Market as oil shares plunged at the announcement of the results. The carburetor was never produced and, mysteriously, Pogue became a wealthy manager of an oil filter company.

Fast forward to the 1970s, and the first of the gasoline shortages. In El Paso, young inventor Tom Ogle claimed that he got over 100 mpg in his “Oglemobile”, a Ford V8 equipped with his fuel vaporizing system. Articles in the El Paso Times reported on his invention including test drives of the Oglemobile. It also reported that a Shell Oil Co. representative asked him what he would do if someone offered him a very large sum of money -- reportedly $25 million. He said he wasn’t interested and was going to bring his invention to market. Unfortunately, shortly afterward Mr. Ogle died. Reportedly he succumbed, either from a drug and/or alcohol overdose.

These two were far from the only inventions promising drastic improvements in fuel economy. Recently, David Steckling, president of Vapor Systems Technology, did an extensive patent search of inventions that used vapor systems claiming dramatic increases in fuel efficiency. Because liquid gasoline doesn’t combust, it must be first converted to a vapor. That’s the purpose of a carburetor, or today, fuel injectors.

In over 400 hours researching U.S. patents Steckling, whose company is preparing to build its own fuel vaporizing devices, found over 900 patents for vaporizing systems. Many of these were originated or owned by automobile manufacturers, automotive suppliers, oil companies, and the U.S. government. Steckling believes, like many others before him, that a properly designed vapor system is the key to a dramatic improvement in fuel economy. He says with the right technology, he intends to publicly demonstrate what vapor technology can do it by driving a 1997 Toyota Camry, "From San Diego to New York City on a single tank of gas."

As an offshoot of his research on Vapor Systems Technology he has produced professional quality CD that includes copies 920 of these patents. Of these, about 650 are expired patents, so they can be built, or even sold, by anyone. While written in patent-style language, they include detailed information, drawings, claims and research results, building recommendations and helpful hints from the inventors. The information is here so you can draw your own conclusion and even build the devices to see if they really give the incredible fuel economy claimed. The CD includes a search engine to help navigate through the huge number of patents. The CD is being sold for $24.95 plus shipping and handling. The CD comes with a 10-day money-back guarantee. For more information or ordering - fuelvapors.com

As an offshoot of his research on Vapor Systems Technology he has produced professional quality CD that includes copies 920 of these patents. Of these, about 650 are expired patents, so they can be built, or even sold, by anyone. While written in patent-style language, they include detailed information, drawings, claims and research results, building recommendations and helpful hints from the inventors. The information is here so you can draw your own conclusion and even build the devices to see if they really give the incredible fuel economy claimed. The CD includes a search engine to help navigate through the huge number of patents. The CD is being sold for $24.95 plus shipping and handling. The CD comes with a 10-day money-back guarantee. For more information or ordering - fuelvapors.com

Yeah, I'm gonna drop this whole idea on 200 mpg and sell a CD instead. :rolleyes:

Here's my dyno chart on my 95
Here's what was done:
-Fresh 12C plugs
-Stock wires
-fresh o2's
-2.5 inch exhaust
-Tune
-02 GT maf (not really any sort of power adder)
-stock fuel pump
-stock regulator
-stock coils
-110K miles at the time

I put down just under 250 to the tires, so your 240 isn't unreasonable with your mods. I wouldn't attribute it to the snake oil mods. Also before I put gears in I was able to get 30 MPG average on the highway without issue. Your car isn't a freak its just running the way it should! =)

500067_32_full.jpg

Hmmm...so there could be as much as a 25 hp difference between Marks? And if you are putting down 250, then you are only getting 30rwhp loss through the drivetrain? That would be the most efficient tranny I've ever heard of.

I don't think it's only a 30hp loss through the drive train, I think it's probably up 30 hp from tuning and an exhaust. Flywheel hp is probably in the area of 320. So if you assume 320 flywheel hp and 20% drive train loss it would come out to about 256. So possibly it is more in the area of 315-320 flywheel hp. I certainly don't have a magic drive train. =)

I don't think it's only a 30hp loss through the drive train, I think it's probably up 30 hp from tuning and an exhaust. Flywheel hp is probably in the area of 320. So if you assume 320 flywheel hp and 20% drive train loss it would come out to about 256. So possibly it is more in the area of 315-320 flywheel hp. I certainly don't have a magic drive train. =)

Ahhh...I assumed you only had cat-back exhaust rather than the whole system.

So I'm doing well then for having stock exhaust and only being 10 less hp than you?

I also forgot to mention that my smog test results (CA) are the best I've ever seen from a Mark. Simply modding a car, keeping it maintained, and plugging in a chip will not do that on their own.

Hey man whatever makes you sleep at night. I don't think your car is doing anything unheard of. There are going to be some cars that put down great power stock. And yours is doing wellHave you pulled off any of those "non-convention" mods and done a back to back dyno run? You might want to do that, prove everyone here wrong once and for all.

Take example Lonnie, he had six damn cats on his car trying to comply with the smog police out in CA along with a cobra intake, tuning, UDP, and a few other things. He put about 275 to the wheels if I remember right along with passing the actual sniffer test with flying colors! No fuel filter magnet on his car. Look up some of the old thread of his over at markviii.org.

Hey man whatever makes you sleep at night. I don't think your car is doing anything unheard of. There are going to be some cars that put down great power stock. And yours is doing wellHave you pulled off any of those "non-convention" mods and done a back to back dyno run? You might want to do that, prove everyone here wrong once and for all.

Take example Lonnie, he had six damn cats on his car trying to comply with the smog police out in CA along with a cobra intake, tuning, UDP, and a few other things. He put about 275 to the wheels if I remember right along with passing the actual sniffer test with flying colors! No fuel filter magnet on his car. Look up some of the old thread of his over at markviii.org.

No need to get rude.

Not unheard of? 240rwhp stock IS unheard of. Feel free to show me otherwise. And any exhaust modifications DO NOT count as stock. Nor do intake mods.

And yes, I did back to back runs...sort of. The Fitch fuel catalyst are platinum pellets that go into the gas tank. I dynoed prior to putting them in, the came back after putting them in. Probably a span of 6 months. I hadn't done anything else in that time span. It got me 10-15 hp, 10-15% more mileage, and smog results so good that the tech thought his machine was broken. In any case, there are those who think George Bush personally orchestrated 9/11, and those same people will never believe anything I show them.

As for Lonnie, he told me the story personally. And if I were him, I wouldn't use the 'snake oil' items either. As a business owner, he doesn't want to lose customers because they think he's an idiot for using items with a bad reputation, regardless of their merit.

Back