Rear air bag's 95 mark viii

sdund1sputed

Registered
I was just wondering is it possible to just change the rear air bags out for coilover my front bags are fairly new so i dont wanna replace them all plus it will be cheaper to just do the rear with the t-bird shock's but wich year t-bird shocks would i use on a 95mk8 ? and is it possible to just swap the rear with no problems??? thanx people

are the rear bags leaking, why not just put new ones in instead of springs? in my opinion, and others will agree, either you convert to springs, or fix the air ride, but to go half and half is a waste. i have a bunch of rear bags that are leak free and in good shape, i'll sell you a pair cheap just to help you out.

yeah the rear bag's are leaking every once in a while would it be a silinoid ? or would it be the bag cuz it only leak's about half the time i figured if its only leaking 50/50 of my driving that it might be the o-ring's are worn or maybe the bag has a small crack but how much do you sell the bag's for?

oops sorry i forgot something i actually plan on doing the whole coil over conversion some day but being that im only 23 with 2 kid's and live in san diego california "expensive" i got my hand's full of bill's and dont have much extra money to do the thing's i want to my car so i was thinking of doing the rear then when i have the money do the front but i would like to switch to coilover

wow lots of info feel like i gained a few brain cell's lol thanks alot man awesome info im still wondering if it is possible to just swap the rear to coil and leave the front air untill after christmas?????

No problem.

After thinking more about this, since the air ride computer inflates the fronts first, you might be ok without the switches. As long as you left the rear solenoids connected to the air lines and wires, and left the rear height sensor connected, the front would work (inflate when needed) then you'd get a check air ride message when the rears wouldn't respond.

This would shut the system down, and you could turn the switch off in the trunk until the next time you need to inflate the fronts.

Back