looking for a few odd parts for my 94 mark VIII

jaygrant

Registered
hey. I am interested in finding some odds and ends for my car. I need the badge that covers the keyhole for the trunk, the phone handset, the woodgrain door that covers the front ashtray, and my drivers side window clicks and doesnt roll down( possibly the regulator?) and the drivers side sunvisor for the cars with peanut butter (dark tan) interior. thanks

I have a phone handset for you.

Does your car have a sunroof? If so, I might have a pair of visors for you also.

Thomas

thats awesome! and yes, It does have a sunroof......I think thats the reason I need new visors :p the ones in the car are tearing. just shoot me a price on all of it shipped to Tennessee... zip is 38344.

The clicking in the window is the cam in the motor slipping. A simple and cheap fix, once you get the motor out. There is a three arm cam that spins and engages the regulator gear. Normally there is a cam bushing to resist and cushion the cam arm. The bushing is like a small jellybean, with a similar soft yet firm feel to it. These get chewed up, over time, into tiny pieces and the cam slips (clicks). You can buy replacements repair kits cheap. In a pinch you can put doubled up nuts of a similar diameter in their place. It works, but you lose the cushioning effect. The motor's gear comes apart with three or four screws and a tiny snap ring on the gear.

To get the motor out, remove the inner door panel, peel back the thin covering over the door cavity. You then look for three bolts grouped in about a three inch circle, that's the motor. Remove the bolts, but be careful as you do, if the window is up it will come crashing down once the regulator gear disengages. So hold on to it and ease it down once the motor is loose. Detach the wires and remove. Make your repairs and reverse.

Hope this helps.

Back