Traded-in My Mark8

joemark8

Registered
I just traded in my 98 Mark8 on a 2005 Lincoln LS V8. I had another "blend door actuator/plemun" problem that I just couldn't deal with and had to let it go. It hurt for I had that car for 6 years - the greatest auto I ever owned. Could not invest another $1,000 to $1,600 into a car thats worth about $4,000 to $5,000. My new LS is a beauty and rapid with many many options. It only has 14,500 on the odo and kicks you know what. May someone else enjoy my Mark8 as I did. RIP
Joe

Blend door shouldn't cost you more than $500 if you pay someone else to fix it or $50 if you do it yourself. That said I hope you will enjoy your new ride :D!

I don't have the know-how to do the job myself. My savvy is a Healthcare Financial Director driving a desk. As for someone else doing the job - a little over two years ago I had the "blend door actuator" go and it cost me $900 at a Lincoln Mercury dealer. If i knew someone to do the job for $500 I would have made that expenditure. Anyway, thanks for your input. It is starting to get cold and I had to let it go.
Joe

I just traded in my 98 Mark8 on a 2005 Lincoln LS V8. I had another "blend door actuator/plemun" problem that I just couldn't deal with and had to let it go. It hurt for I had that car for 6 years - the greatest auto I ever owned. Could not invest another $1,000 to $1,600 into a car thats worth about $4,000 to $5,000. My new LS is a beauty and rapid with many many options. It only has 14,500 on the odo and kicks you know what. May someone else enjoy my Mark8 as I did. RIP
Joe

Did you let the dealer know about the blend door problem when trading it in?

Back