Gen 2 runs rough when cold outside

mk8fanatic

Registered
Ok guys.. It was the first time since I got this car that it reached the mid 30s outside overnight, and when I started the car it runs a little rough and doesn't want to idle without stalling. It ran like this until the car started to warm up..anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

What was the last time plugs were replaced? Oil/filter changed? What weight/brand oil you using? Lots of things can cause this...

I have changed the plugs a few weeks ago and the oil/filter has been done about 1200 miles ago....might I add that this car runs a bit rougher at low rpm's than my other 2nd gen. Think I should try the seafoam?

How were the rubber boots when you replaced plugs...if any are arcing at low RPM's, that'll cause a rough idle.

Seafoam sure won't hurt it. Next GUESS, IAC .

I took a good look at all the boots when I changed the plugs and they all look good, and about half of them were replaced very recently. Is the IAC that deal with a wire plug that goes on the little sensor thats on the intake snorkel before the throttle body?

Sounds like what the Kid's Mustang was doing last week. He and Hubby decided it was the IAC and I think they replaced it and everything is fine now (except the car is sitting in the garage waiting for someone to change over to the snow tires).

Sounds like what the Kid's Mustang was doing last week. He and Hubby decided it was the IAC and I think they replaced it and everything is fine now (except the car is sitting in the garage waiting for someone to change over to the snow tires).

Oops I lied. They only reset the computer, and it was fine for a while, but it's not anymore, so I can't guarantee the IAC is/was the culprit.

Back