Pictures form the 07 LI Custom Car Show

LeoC2

Registered
Had a great three day show this Thanksgiving weekend at the LI Custom Car Show. Over 250 cars by invitation and one better than the next.

Alexander came for a visit on Sunday and we had a very nice visit with him and his Father in Law. I swear, Alex was like a kid in a candy store!

Over 100 pictures here:
http://dftowel.com/carshows/LICustom07

Also... when I came in on Saturday i found a card in my car from Hotrodhotline, they had been in during the night to take pictures of some of the cars. Not every car is included but some good shots are here. I'm on page three:
http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/2007show/07longisland

Last edited:
There are some nice Corvettes there and there are some ugly ones, they should require people to take a test before they start modding their car.

Some people really over-do it!! A very select few know exactly what to do though :D

Thanks for sharing the great pics.

There are some nice Corvettes there and there are some ugly ones, they should require people to take a test before they start modding their car.

Everyone has their own taste I guess. They do reject cars for this show though, I know of one Corvette that was not asked back but all it was was an Indy pace car with no mods. Kinda surprising really.

The Yellow to purple flammed Vette is a weird story. The owner, Gary, had an accident. The car is a regular C6 but he bought body work for a Z06. He brought it to Richie the painter (guy with the long hair in the last photo in the link above,) He asked Richie to paint it yellow to purple and that's it. When he was done he, Richie, looked at the car and said "Not enough, it needs something else" so he flammed it WITHOUT asking the owner's permission! Luckily Gary totally loved it and all was good. Apparently he wound up being chosen to lead the parade at Corvettes Carlsile.

He told Richie he chose him to paint the Vette because he looked like Jesus. Turns out Gary is a bit of a religious fanatic and he had another painter add all the "Powered by God" and biblical quotes all over the car. During the show he was pushing bibles and other religious books.

Excellent photos as always Leo!

What a great car show.

The last time I saw the Lincoln Batmobile (many years ago) it looked a little rough. It looks like they cleaned it up.

A few quotes that come to mind, like god awful and a C6 abomination.
And the orange and purple C5 retro abomination is no better, I saw that at a car show in September as well as a few of the others when I go out to LI.

Everyone has their own taste I guess. They do reject cars for this show though, I know of one Corvette that was not asked back but all it was was an Indy pace car with no mods. Kinda surprising really.

The Yellow to purple flammed Vette is a weird story. The owner, Gary, had an accident. The car is a regular C6 but he bought body work for a Z06. He brought it to Richie the painter (guy with the long hair in the last photo in the link above,) He asked Richie to paint it yellow to purple and that's it. When he was done he, Richie, looked at the car and said "Not enough, it needs something else" so he flammed it WITHOUT asking the owner's permission! Luckily Gary totally loved it and all was good. Apparently he wound up being chosen to lead the parade at Corvettes Carlsile.

He told Richie he chose him to paint the Vette because he looked like Jesus. Turns out Gary is a bit of a religious fanatic and he had another painter add all the "Powered by God" and biblical quotes all over the car. During the show he was pushing bibles and other religious books.

Back