LMS Chip - Website now says they sell powermaxx modules (there chip)

AbrahamLincoln

Registered
As I am sure most of you know I have been having problems with my diablosport deltachip from LincolnMotorsport. Gene has offered for me to return the chip to get a new diablosport chip or to come down to see him. However, I just browsed the lincoln motorsport website, and the chip they offer currently is not the Diablo but the PowerMaxx, I am sitting here very pissed off because as I can remember he told me the chip would be coming from florida, not from him. However, the packaging on the chip says it came from Gloucester City NJ where the "shop" is based out of. Now I could have all of this misunderstood, but what it seems to me is that they had a bunch of b.s. diablosport chips they didnt want to deal with anymore (after reading some posts about how there was this chip war and problems between vendors - this vendor included) Now I see they offer a different chip on there website. If someone can shed some light on this, let me know. It does say for a return of 20% restocking fee which is 50 bucks, on the $250 I shelled out for a product that is doing absolutly nothing.

The reason I did not go down to see him is because I had no time, I am planning to go down there. After seeing this I am pretty pissed off - if this what it appears to be. If not, no harm done - I am still at the same place I am before I even paid the money.... :( :( :(

I know is his site has not been updated for quite some time(at least as far as I can tell) and I do believe he changed the source of the chip some time ago.

ok, well that, that is an answer I really appreciated - ive just been really pissed off. hey driller you on aim? someone mentioned the octane plug, im going out right to see if its there - is it something that you actually physically remove from the car and put somewhere, or is it something you just pop out?

someone mentioned the octane plug, im going out right to see if its there - is it something that you actually physically remove from the car and put somewhere, or is it something you just pop out?[/quote]

Its located by drivers side shockmount or under that piece of plastic like mine was hidden. From what i understand, t's only for bad gas and pulls some timing out. I would leave it in there if i were you and let the EEC do all the changes. Email/See Lonnie about your new SCT chip. You will not be dissapointed. :)
Jeff

Anyone else remember when LMS got caught advertising his chip had special programming just for the Mark VIII and charged $100 more than anyone else? Turned out it was an ordinary off the shelf chip that could be had anywhere else. Pissed off a lot of people!

Anyone else remember when LMS got caught advertising his chip had special programming just for the Mark VIII and charged $100 more than anyone else? Turned out it was an ordinary off the shelf chip that could be had anywhere else. Pissed off a lot of people!

Kind of like what Reinhart did with his "high performance" trannies...

Kind of like what Reinhart did with his "high performance" trannies...

Exactly........I stay away from both of those vendors. I have delt with both and haven't exactly had a bad dealing, but would prefer to buy from others.

Exactly........I stay away from both of those vendors. I have delt with both and haven't exactly had a bad dealing, but would prefer to buy from others.

Is it just me or does that make no sense whatsoever? :err-what?:

someone mentioned the octane plug, im going out right to see if its there - is it something that you actually physically remove from the car and put somewhere, or is it something you just pop out?

Its located by drivers side shockmount or under that piece of plastic like mine was hidden. From what i understand, t's only for bad gas and pulls some timing out. I would leave it in there if i were you and let the EEC do all the changes. Email/See Lonnie about your new SCT chip. You will not be dissapointed. :)
Jeff

No Jeff,

NO, DO NOT pull the Octane plug. On your vehicle it adds 3 degrees of spark after all other calculations are completed in the stock programming. Unless Diablo has added that parameter it is still the same. Then even if they have added that parameter you have no idea if Geno changed it or even has access to it. You are having enough trouble with the vehicle's chip as it is, no use adding in more problems.

I've explained this before and people are not listening. On the Mark 8s different years and even in the same years with different EECs the Octane pin/plug is programmed to do different spark. There isn't a set or common known spark value for every Ford that has this feature. So most people assume that just because a curtain model Ford is set up to pull 2 , 3 or 4 degrees of spark when the Octane plug is removed it's the same with all Fords. It's not, you will get yourself into trouble with that mind set. Then you also need to know if the dealer/tuner has made a change to that parameter. So don't go assuming it will pull out timing just because someone else said theirs does or thinks theirs does.

Back