fast idle

chadly

Registered
Cold start- idles at 2000+ for a long time, then slows to about 1200-1500.

In gear- idle is normal, 750. When I put it in park after driving it jumps back up to 2000+.

IAC- new
TPS- new
PCV- new
Plugs- new
Air filter- new

I was searching for a vaccume leak and couldnt find one. When its in park and idling high, if I unplug the PCV it slows it down to normal.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cold start- idles at 2000+ for a long time, then slows to about 1200-1500.

In gear- idle is normal, 750. When I put it in park after driving it jumps back up to 2000+.

IAC- new
TPS- new
PCV- new
Plugs- new
Air filter- new

I was searching for a vaccume leak and couldnt find one. When its in park and idling high, if I unplug the PCV it slows it down to normal.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Excessive blow-by maybe?

Chad-
You may indeed have a vacum leak or some other issues. Try disconnecting your battery, or better yet if you have access to a code reader, reset your computor and then read to see what codes you are getting. Out side of a leak we then get into such things as TPS signals, IMRC's not working, IAC's not functioning etc. List can be a little long, so we need to make this painless. Oh and by the way there are ways to get a Disc for you if you are still in the service of our country, PM me.

Thanks, I'll try disconnecting the battery today for a while and reseating my chip as well. I dont have a code reader so I cant do that.

PM sent

Reply sent

Take the car to Advance Auto or Autozone and have them plug their Acton reader in and read any codes. It's a free service. Let's hope that all gets good on reset.

There was 2 things I wanted to try, reseating the chip and disconnecting the battery. So I started with the battery, unhooked it for about an hour, hooked it up, and it runs perfect now. Hopefully this isnt just a tempory fix. I might go to AZ and have them pull any codes too.

Back