First time running my mark viii at the track

BlackMark8

Registered
First time taking the mark to orlando speed world - Made 3 passes, 15.1 - 15.2 - 15.3, and also won all 3 races and have it on film tryin to get in on the computer and post the vid - here's my kill list

1st run (15.16) - 2006 Mazda6 (4 cyl with only 15k miles) i won by over 2 seconds

2nd run (15.2) - 2000 Turbo Toyota Celica - i won by just over half a second

3rd run (15.3) - 96 Turbo Honda Civic - won by like 4 tenths of a second

The only modifications i have on this car is exhaust , for stock car with just exhaust mods - ran 15.1 , I think its incredible. Tell me what yall think :)

your times were quite a bit better than my stock times, I am curious what your mph was a well.

Pretty good. My fastest stock time was 15.3 but averaged about 15.6

Having a gen 1 helps! They are faster in stock form.

Heres my exact times...

1st run - 15.162 @ 95.66
2nd run - 15.276 @ 93.12
3rd run - 15.381 @ 92.22

Engine must have just been warming up with each pass, i took air filter out to make it go faster but instead it went slower :(

Last edited:
i took air filter out to make it go faster but instead it went slower :(

That is because you corrupted the MAF sensor signal with turbulent air.

The air filter not only removes contaminants from the intake charge, it ALSO smooths out the air flow to make a "laminar flow" acrossed the meter.

Or the 4 door saturn that I raced..... which beat me by 4-5 car lengths.
was the funniest, most fun to watch race that I lost..EVAR!!!

must have been a 150 shot of nitrous on the saturn, that thing smoked the tires all they way THRU 3rd gear, and all the while he was passing me.

it was a ROIT.. and yes I said it outloud.

I GOT BEAT BY A SATURN 4 door on Naws!!
haha

I took the original engine out at 360,000 miles due to a broken pad on the secondary cam chain tensioner, engine still ran, but made some horrific noises on startup.

When I replaced the engine I put a low mile 98 Mark 8 transmission in the car as well.

The original engine and trans lasted well over 5000 passes and 300K
{I got the car with 68,000 miles on it)

Best pass with the original engine and trans was 14.21@98MPH

Besides the SCT chip, I have 373 gears, ford racing wires, AWSF 22c Spark Plugs, 160 thermostat, and a 2.5 inch exhaust with an Xpipe.

*TIP*
you need "some form" of crossover in your exhaust.
I had true duals when I first did exhaust on my car.

The car went from 15.1's to 15.30's and 15.40's because the true dual exhaust was killing the cars performance.

I fabbed up an Xpipe/crossover and with no other changes the car went from 15.40's down to 14.60's Almost a full second lost to my "true duals and flowmasters".

Best bang for the buck is gonna be an SCT chip from one of the known and respected vendors on this board.

I am 20 years old, I live in a couple places lol, i stay in ocoee sometimes, kissimmee at my dads, mainly stay around the winterpark - goldenrod(orlando) area, and by the way XLR i JUST put the original "y" in the exhaust because i did notice a loss of power, so its the Y pipe not true or just a cross - noticed it felt better at the track, my chip is original with just regular 93 pump gas because they werent selling the race fuel that night :(

Check with Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips, he's listed in the vendors section of this website.
..can go wrong there!

Back