This is how me and my boys ride in orlando

I think they look great. They always put a big grin on my face. They've put a lot of work into those cars.

I don't see too many of these around here.

I wish I had one today, driving through the blizzard for 8.5 hours:D

I often wonder - is it just cosmetic(interior audio/video, custom paint, big lift and wheels...)? Or is there a level of performance mods as well?

Most around here from the college-age crowd go with modded imports or lowered trucks, not so much the 'donk' scene.

Either way they are spending the bucks to get that "Look". Some of those cars have great looking bodies with what appears high quality paint jobs. Another thing is I believe where these guys hang Swamp Racing is very popular as well. "Watch for the Sippy Hole".

i agree with you bill, some of them are killer cars, they have some pretty stout motors in them, insane paint jobs, really nice audio and video systems, but then they have a 12 inch lift kit, i think if you want to do all that why not just do it to a truck? i guess i just think differently!

We got a few of then here in the north east as well

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03066.jpg

I see you guys called everyone on OBT on day mamas fone told dem ride out we gona be ridin high today boyz yanoImean?

My lincoln town car is lifted 5" and its ready for 24's but i have some 22's on it for now. I know alot of people hate this car scene but its strong. I went from having my truck to a town car and lifting the car made it alot easier to get in and out :) Also i can see above other cars so i notice traffic ahead of me. The bigger wheels and tires allow for better braking and traction.... **** no i am not rolling over...LOL....

also.... any attention on the road is good attention. People always see my car. some smile and some laugh but they all notice. I ride around with my daughter all the time (14months old) and i want to avoid accidents at all cost.

here is my car at night (highly reflective dust covers) Nobody can miss that

PICT0598.jpg

mirror tint around the whole way.... including the windshield ..... i don't want any sun blinding my baby girl.... **** the police

PICT0748.jpg

I consider those vehicles to be like "flames on a 57 chevy".

While they are perfect for other peoples taste, my 57 chevy would be solid red without flames.

The folks that modify these cars in such a fashion do so with great passion and love for their cars.

One thing for sure is... you dont see them putting TBIRD shocks and struts on them {joking grins) because they LOVE their cars and money is "no object".

My lincoln town car is lifted 5" and its ready for 24's but i have some 22's on it for now. I know alot of people hate this car scene but its strong. I went from having my truck to a town car and lifting the car made it alot easier to get in and out :) Also i can see above other cars so i notice traffic ahead of me. The bigger wheels and tires allow for better braking and traction.... **** no i am not rolling over...LOL....

also.... any attention on the road is good attention. People always see my car. some smile and some laugh but they all notice. I ride around with my daughter all the time (14months old) and i want to avoid accidents at all cost.

here is my car at night (highly reflective dust covers) Nobody can miss that

PICT0598.jpg

mirror tint around the whole way.... including the windshield ..... i don't want any sun blinding my baby girl.... **** the police

PICT0748.jpg

You are lying to yourself if you think those rims and tires help with better braking and traction. It does help traction a small amount by killing power. The same could be accomplished by pulling a spark plug wire off. :confused: :confused:

You are lying to yourself if you think those rims and tires help with better braking and traction. It does help traction a small amount by killing power. The same could be accomplished by pulling a spark plug wire off. :confused: :confused:

I'll have to agree here...

Take a fishing weight, tie it to a 12" long piece of string and spin it around your head (like a lasso) then try to make it stop. Now do the same thing with a 24" long string and make it stop.

This same thing happens when you bolt on extra large diameter wheels with a "stock" braking system. I still mean "stock" even if one puts fancy autozone or whatever brake shoes or "custom" slotted rotors for an "upgrade."

IMO, you'd need at least 18" rotors with 6 piston calipers to whoa that thing (esp. a 2 ton Lincoln, or whatever) to a safe stop.

Hey it's your car, do what you like. I'm all for anybody enjoying cars.

If a "highriser" ran into the back of someone (even if that someone made a panic sudden stop) the highriser owner (with "stock" brakes) will be held responsible...

If you think greatly increasing the rotational weight of your wheels is going to help with braking, you probably shouldn't be modifying anything. This is not the board to be making up mechanical knowledge, especially when thats the best you can do.

And as for:

**** the police

GT****O.

Your post reminds me of something:
200px-601_image_21.jpg

Last edited:
increasing the rotational weight of your wheels

isn't it when you increase rotational mass you mulitply the weight times 10?

So a wheel and tire combo that weighed 10lbs more would be 100lbs more rotational mass?..right?

wouldn't take a much heavier wheel and tire combo to really hurt performance and or ecomomy, but for some reason I dont think that really matters to the "big wheel crowd".

isn't it when you increase rotational mass you mulitply the weight times 10?

So a wheel and tire combo that weighed 10lbs more would be 100lbs more rotational mass?..right?

wouldn't take a much heavier wheel and tire combo to really hurt performance and or ecomomy, but for some reason I dont think that really matters to the "big wheel crowd".

Like the old saying, " Ignorance is BLISS " .

I have heard mixed numbers but yea something like 20 extra pound x 4 wheels x factor of 10 would be like have two 400 pound guys riding with you for braking. For acceleration tire height and weight come into play.

Last edited:
Back