pulled another all nighter uggg im wiped and not done...

jamies98lsc

Registered
i repainted that purple 93 i did last year back to its original dark cranberry tonight, its now 6 am i came home to wake my wife up to bring the kiddo to school and i took a shower but now have to go back to the shop to meet my scrap guy and his dad. i want to go to bed soooooooooooooo bad lol ive been awake since 11 am yesterday. but, the car is done and all unmasked already, i need to put all the lights back in and the black trim around the winshield, but i need rivets from home depot and they arent open yet! i saved some pics from the progress over night from start to finish, but i dont have time to upload any right now so when i come back later, i'll post some up, came out great, now him and his wife have nice fresh shiny marks!!!!

you are right Ken i do, and if i keep it up, its gonna take its toll on me, i sure dont feel my age i cant tell you that, i beat myself up way too often, but i had to do it at night so i didnt get anyone in my place upset, last thing i want to do is paint during the day while cars are parked everywhere and people have their doors open, car paint stinks! its 2:30 pm now, i came back home around 8 am, jumped in bed and just woke up, now im gonna go back, put the lights and stuff back in and window trim, and wash his wheels and tires and clean the windows and get some good shots. last night it poured all night till around 8 this morning which was actually great for me it kept all the dust down. here are a few pics they are not great pics i was not concentrating on the pics lol i wanted to be done and home sleeping.

jeffscarrepainted001.jpg

jeffscarrepainted005.jpg

jeffscarrepainted025.jpg

jeffscarrepainted046.jpg

I BET NO ONE CAN GUESS WHAT MOVIE I HAD IN THE DVD PLAYER IN THIS PICTURE, LOOK CLOSE AT THE TV AND LETS SEE HOW GOOD YOU ARE!!
jeffscarrepainted070.jpg

jeffscarrepainted073.jpg

jeffscarrepainted069.jpg

well its all back together, got everything back on and wiped all the windows off, tomorrow when the weather clears up i'll clean the wheels and shine up the tires, hopefully i'll get some sun because the car looks black with no sun. this by the way is the original color, its a 93 and the paint is 93 exclusive it is dark cranberry code ER. on another lincoln board it states the code as being EX but that is not correct, EX is medium cranberry and is a ford color from 91-93 but was never applied to a mark VIII. here are some pics outside and back together, i took a close up with the flash on to show it is purple still, but really dark. even the trunk lock covers matches too!! just my extra touch.

jeffscarrepainted082.jpg

jeffscarrepainted083.jpg

jeffscarrepainted086.jpg

jeffscarrepainted093.jpg

jeffscarrepainted091.jpg

jeffscarrepainted096.jpg

no more of this color!!!! im glad he wanted me to repaint it, i was not happy with this pearl crap, and personally i think the original color looks awesome on a mark.
jeffscar100.jpg

Last edited:
That original color is sure beautiful . . . I agree with you, it's much better than the purple! You do nice work!!

Haha Sweet I Was Wondering How Long It Would Take Someone To See It. Thats When Emilio Estevez And Alli Sheedy Are Talking After She Got All Dolled Up!!

That looks great as always Jamie!

That is one of my favorite colors.

The first mark VIII I ever drove was that color. I did a lot of noise testing on that car. I loved it. It had a black interior.

I've got an old analog photo of me standing next to it when I got to take it home for the weekend. I'll have to dig it up.:D

That Mark looks good going down the road too Jamie. Saw you today down the twisties by the sponge docks. I was in my van going the opposite direction. ;) BTW: Trying to make a deal on a nice place, 2500sq ft. warehouse, nice office and a huge lot in the back. Its for sale, contemplating making an offer. Been sick so I've been out of it but if the price is right this property will be perfect. :big-grin:

i thought that was you nick, i was ready to wave but it didnt look like you driving, i was on my way home to take my daughter out for a late lunch, mommy says daddy never does anything with her, so i did today, i played dad for a day!! building sounds sweet, 2500 sq ft big enough for a spray booth too!!! i'll be the jack of all trades, master of none!

Back