Some minor tidying up... broken links

N

Neilster

Not sure if any one is looking or receiving feedback from a QA perspective. I've noticed several broken links or images that don't load (orphaned links?) on various pages. Perhaps a thread (this one) could be used to catalog them?

"Car of the month" for starters has an X for example. (Note using I.E. 7)

Absolutely Neil, please post any broken links.

What 'style' are you using to view the forums(bottom left of page - drop down menu)? The "LOD Basic" and "Child of LOD Basic" do have known broken links.

COTM banner works fine for me?

If I can recreate them, I may be able to fix them. Or at least forward the query to someone who can.

My posted photos aren't showing up.

I wasn't going to say anything until the work on the site was done though.

How about the Blue Oval Chips, DF Concours and Supercoupe Performance banners? Do they show OK? They are part of the random rotation. They are all external links.

The COTM and Join LOD banners were both attachments that I uploaded. I know Trixie could see them. Or at least I thought so.

Bill, what pics can you not see? Attachments or pics hosted on your FTP space?

I also noticed that if looking at messages or threads such as a listing of new posts and you click on FORUMS thinking to get to the main list nothing happens.

I also noticed that if looking at messages or threads such as a listing of new posts and you click on FORUMS thinking to get to the main list nothing happens.

Yeah, that one has me baffled. The code points to /vbulletin/index.php which is the front page of the forums.

The rotating banners I see ok are Blue Oval Chips, DF Concours. Two I've noticed not loading say "Click here to join the club" and "Car of the Month". Other folks are reporting the same thing, so it's could be a broken link (some minor typo pointing to an incorrect address).

I reported that one too. Maybe some configuration setting or something.

OK, I hope I got the banners worked out.

There should be random rotating banners at the top - DF Concours, Blue Oval Chips, SuperCoupe Performance, Car of the Month and Join LOD.

At the bottom should be a larger COTM banner.

Give me feedback please. :)

Back