Fun Ford Weekend April 10-13

Go get em Mike!

Are you going to run in the brackets?
I'd suggest running both Street Ford and Quick Ford.

Running in street ford will give you good solid data to carry you thru "quick ford".
Since they run Street Ford before Quick Ford it's like having a time trial right before your eliminations run.

if you have to choose between SF and QF, definatley run in QF.. it's a money class!!

Good luck Sir!

I'm "hoping" to run FFW in Houston in 2008 {crosses fingers)

Thanks, Tommy :) I am going to try and do both the car show, and bracket race. I am leaning towards signing up for Quick Ford and see how it goes. Good luck to you too, and hope you can make the event in Houston! :)

Car show entry will give you "premium parking", which is well worth the price of the car show entry.

Running in Quick Ford would be preferred, because you can actually "win money"!

Be forwarned... if your entered in the car show.. AND quick ford that you might "miss" the judging for the car show while your in eliminations.
But.. car show entry will definately give you a GREAT PARKING SPACE!

I am going with Aric, the guy that did the all work on my Mark. He has about 6 clients going that will be racing besides me. He has one of those big enclosed trailers stocked with tools, air compressor, generator, etc., and I guess we are going to all park together. It is really nice to have your tooner and head wrench at the track with you. :)

I was thinking of racing Saturday, and doing the car show Sunday. Or, racing both days? i dunno... :)

While your car is definatley "show quality" I would suggest "racing both days".

What better way to showcase your fine ride than to let people "see it PERFORMING" as it was intended.

one of my pet peeves from FFW is there are alot of really REALLY killer cars in the car show, that IMHO "should be on the track instead".

We use the car show area for parking..haha

Hey Mike- good luck down there. doesn't hurt that Eric will be there for sure, but I thought he was a "Tuner" not Speedy Gonzalas or Wiley Coyote. LOL

Last edited:
Well, Aric does not recommend that I race the Mark at this event. :( So, I guess it is the car show for me. :) He said that I have a cylinder that is a little low on compression, and he does not want me to risk making it worse or blowing the thing up at the track.

What started all this you ask? Well, it is very hard to notice, but there is a very mild miss - slight shudder - that is felt while in overdrive going up a hill doing 35-40 mph. Otherwise, the car still goes like a rocket when you mash the go pedal, and drives normal except for the case mentioned :)

All this will be fix shortly... :)

dammit.. that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

Maybe you could bring the "BlownBeast" to the Houston or Dallas/Ennis FFW?
Make Aric come with you too..haha

I would like to do that when everything is done. Go on a tour with it. I know one thing - I did not go though all this trouble to keep it covered up in the garage! :)

The event has been rescheduled. Maybe I will get to race after all! :)

http://www.funfordevents.com/index.php?src=news&prid=285&category=

FFW Media Center

News

Atlanta Event Postponed Until June 12-15, 2008 Thursday, April 3, 2008
NHRA's Atlanta Dragway has just announced unexpected and unavoidable track maintenance scheduled for April 10 - 13, 2008. Causing the Fun Ford Weekend, $20K Battle of the Brands event to be rescheduled for June 12-15, 2008. This decision comes directly from NHRA and could not be avoided. We apologize for any an all inconvenience this will cause. We look forward to seeing everyone in Atlanta, June 12-15.
Should you have any questions or concerns contact American Autosports, Inc at 225 664 0996
AMERICAN AUTOSPORTS PRODUCTIONS
PO BOX 911
DENHAM SPRINGS, LA 70727

I had a nice time at the track today. My Mark just did not get finished in time to race. Unfortunately, I also did not get to see my friend Glenn run his Marauder. I did take some pictures of the action though. Here is a link to some pictures, and a couple for the lazy ones too :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/papapeach/FunFordWeekend2008AtlantaDragway/photo#s5211863440508681394

DSC00841.JPG

DSC00842.JPG

DSC00843.JPG

DSC00735.JPG

DSC00736.JPG

Here is a "Wendy Vision" video montage :) She captured Tim Lynch in a couple runs. Tim worked on my Mark's motor. He works at Pro Line Racing Engines here in Georgia. He drives the green tear away to black Mustang 10.5 Outlaw car - the 2nd, and last one doing the 1/8th mile run in the video. I will relay all comments to Wendy regarding the lack of capturing the times the cars run, and how important it is. Enjoy! :)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Fun-Ford-Weekend-2008-ATL_166203.htm

Last edited:
Great pics Mike! :)

I'm sure you would've liked to have had the Mark ready to run, but I'm sure it was a fun time to just spectate. :D

BTW, Wendy did a fine job. ;)

Thanks, :) I tell you JP, and you already know this - it is way, way more fun being a participant. :) I will tell Wendy what you said, too. I already know what she will say... "I always liked JP. He is a very smart man, and has a keen eye for quality videography". lol She had a good laugh when I told her what I did. :)

Back