Air Suspension Hard Fault

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting a hard fault with my air suspension. The check air ride message comes on as soon as I start my car.

I'm thinking it might be a height sensor or a wiring problem. I've got spare front height sensors and Jeremi said he had a rear sensor that I could try. The only problem is, I'm in Buffalo, and those sensors are in Michigan.:D

The car is still at normal ride height (I turned the switch off) and I'll be driving it home today.

Anyone else ever have a hard fault? If so, what was the cause?

Any other thoughts on what to check after the sensors?

Definitely sounds as though computor is saying electrical, the obvious
fuses, relay, ground wires.

just some thoughts, good hunting

Yes, I just did some fun hunting.

I ran the self test, and sure enough, it stopped when the compressor should run.

I'll swap that relay tomorrow Charlie.:)

That's all it was Charlie, the relay. It's working great now.

I guess I was jumping to the conclusion about the sensors because the system had a glitch about a month ago.

The rear of the car was too high in the morning one day. I had to disconnect the rear sensor for it to lower. That hasn't happened since.

I can't fix it if it's working properly.:D

Glad you got it fixed. The green 94 I sold a while back had the hard fault 2 days after I sold it. I felt bad about it and sent some e-mails to the new owner about what to look for (self test) but never heard if he got it fixed or what. Hope everything worked out for him too.

Back