Blinker does not reset after turn.multifunction switch replace ?

Chunko

Registered
Just got a used mark over the weekend! The switch doesn't reset after turning so it has to be done manually .
I would like to try to fix this myself but am not sure where to start to access the multifunction switch. I have never attempted to take it out before.
I still own my other mark so i could take the part(s) out of that switch if the entire unit doesn't need to be replaced.
Also, the wipers only work on the highest setting and they don't go down all the way when turning them off. If i turn them off while the are running they will immediately stop in the position they're in. Is this related to the multifunction switch as well, or maybe just needs oiling,as some have suggested in another thread.

From the manual...

Removal

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.

2. Tilt column to lowest position and remove tilt lever.

3. Remove ignition lock cylinder.

4. Remove shroud screws and remove upper and lower shrouds.

5. Remove two self-tapping screws attaching multi-function switch to steering column casting. Disengage switch from casting.

6. Disconnect the two electrical connectors.

Installation

1. Install two electrical connectors to full engagement.

2. Align multi-function switch mounting holes with corresponding holes in steering column casting. Install two self-tapping screws, making sure to start screws in the previously tapped holes. Tighten to 2-3 N-m (18-26 lb-in).

3. Install upper and lower steering column shrouds.

4. Install ignition lock cylinder.

5. Attach tilt lever.

6. Connect battery ground cable.

7. Check steering column and switch for proper operation.

The ignition switch...

Removal

1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove the steering column shroud by removing the self-tapping screws.

2. Remove four bolts retaining steering column opening trim cover and remove cover.

3. Remove lock screw and disconnect the ignition switch electrical connector.

4. Rotate the ignition key lock cylinder to the RUN position.

5. Remove the two screws retaining ignition switch.

6. Disengage the ignition switch from the actuator.

Installation

NOTE:
A new replacement switch assembly will be set in the RUN position as received.

1. Adjust the ignition switch by sliding the carrier to the switch RUN position.

2. Check to ensure that the ignition key lock cylinder is in the RUN position. The RUN position is achieved by rotating the key lock cylinder approximately 90 degrees from the LOCK position.

3. Install the ignition switch pin into the column actuator hole. It may be necessary to move the switch slightly back and forth to align the switch mounting holes with the column lock housing threaded holes.

4. Install retaining screws. Tighten to 5.6-7.9 N-m (50-69 lb-in).

5. Connect the electrical connector to the ignition switch. Tighten lock screw to 0.8-1.3 N-m (7-11.5 lb-in).

6. Connect battery ground cable. Check ignition switch for proper function, including START and ACC positions. Also, make certain that the column is locked in the LOCK position.

7. Install the steering column trim shrouds and steering column opening trim cover.

Hey driller thanks for info!
Im not sure if i still have my manual but i appreciate you typing it all out for me.

Back