1998 Spring Feature

SGT Jensen

Registered
There is a Spring Feature for sale in Provo, Utah. It is at a small used car lot. I don't believe the owner knows of it's rarity. I am posting this as a warning to a possible out of state buyer. I found the car online, noticed the gold color, and decided to go check it out. It has the paint code BH, but this baby has been wrecked. Both front fenders have been replaced, and aligned poorly. The hood is after market, not a Ford part. And the paint job on these "new parts" is sub par. Also, it has ugly after market wheels.

Just wanted to give the heads up, as the dealer mentioned a possible buyer in Minnesota, and the CarFax shows no report of an accident.

how do you know the hood is aftermarket, because as far as i know, no one in the world other than ford makes a hood for a gen 2 mark VIII. there is no aftermarket world for lincoln mark VIII body panels, not in gen 1 or gen 2 other than cowl induction hoods for the gen 1.

The hood looks factory in the photos but it could have a lot of filler if it was in an accident. And from the photos it does looks like the paint is mismatched. I also don’t care for the aftermarket wheels.

6384315365.240092647.IM1.09.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

WTF?

OK, took some pictures today. As far as the hood goes, I couldn't find Ford stamped on it anywhere, thats why I thought it was after market. Went home to look at mine, and it does not say Ford anywhere but the stickers.

All of the photos I took today can be found here in their original glory. (Don't worry about all the gun related photos you might find Jesse, it is legal in my state! ;)
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/gunnar420/Spring Feature/

In this photo, you will notice that the VIN stickers are missing from the fenders. it is also missing from the hood, along with any other stickers that should be there.
FenderVIN.jpg

In this photo, this is where the header panel bolts to the fenders. The driver side bolt is missing, and the passenger side bolt is gray.
header.jpg

In this photo, you can see some brackets just under the header panel are bent, and the paint is peeling on the bends.
Bent.jpg

Oh, and Jesse, the dude on the tractor is John, the owner of Canyon Motors. Not sure why he put that photo in.

Lol Kevin...I don't care about crap in your state. :)

So...maybe this John guy put that picture in because its an inside joke about how he ran that tractor into the front of the SF by accident?

Back