Does the VIII pcm support live data?

Mr. Mark VIII

Registered
I have a 95 computer (DZA1). Does it support what they call DCL data? This is known as live data. In other words, I want to hook up a scanner tool and view such things as o2 voltage, MAf etc in real time.

Last edited:
Yes.. the mark 8 EEC IV will display live datastream in a few tools that I have found.
none of these tools are cheap.

First tool I found was Sneec IV, it's expensive and unobtainable..as it's out of produuction.

Second tool I found was the Snap on MT2500 scan tool which does a good job of reading displaying and recording the eec iv datastream. New they cost over 1500.00, but you can find them on ebay for 4-500.00

I used to borrow my mechanic buddy's Snap On Mt2500 and it helped me figure out the C&L meter was only producing HALF the voltage at WOT as the PCM was "looking for"

Can one of the mods remove ONE of the above posts? Thanks!! And this one with it......

I hit the "edit" button and deleted my double post.
you can easily do the same.

Sorry for the double post, my internet connection crapped in the middle of posting.

I was looking at the tweecer online and it appears it will not work with the mark VIII or at least it’s not on their list of supported cars and trucks. Has any one tried it with a 93-95 Mark VIII

I stand corrected I could have swore I looked into this
Actually... your answer would have been correct IF.. the question was, "does anyone make a COST EFFECTIVE way to datalog or view the eec 4 datastream".

The few solutions out there are prohibitively expensive, not user friendly, and typically very hard to find.

The snap on mt2500 is 1500+ dollars, what person in their right mind would spend 1500.00 to datalog a 1500.00 car?

The tweecer will datalog, display and EDIT the mark 8 PCM "IF" you have ONE particular catch code, which is the 1995 DZA1 processor.

I haven't found a 300.00 or less solution, so in effect.. the answer you provided was actually "good information" for the everyday enthusiast.

I really shouldn't have been "so quick" to correct you as in "reality" the info you gave was GOOD.
sorry bout that FFrog

I have a 95 computer (DZA1). Does it support what they call DCL data? This is known as live data. In other words, I want to hook up a scanner tool and view such things as o2 voltage, MAf etc in real time.

was cool to talk to you on the phone bro.. {there goes another hour of both our lives) HAHA

BUT... I want to see/hear more about that autoXray deal you found.
Go get it, and test drive it.. and let us/everyone know if it's a viable solution.

If it works and you can get it for 100.00 or less, there will be a LINE of people standing at your door to get one...especially if it's only 100.00!!!

Keep us posted bro, and give me a call later on if you get bored.

XLRVIII, Ya I will, For everyone, Locally I found a guy selling some OBD1 equipment. The company is Auto x-ray and I believe its called Ez link 2000. Says it will read ford DCL data. I'm hoping it will help me solve a problem with my car. Anyone know about this stuff?

Actually... your answer would have been correct IF.. the question was, "does anyone make a COST EFFECTIVE way to datalog or view the eec 4 datastream".

The few solutions out there are prohibitively expensive, not user friendly, and typically very hard to find.

The snap on mt2500 is 1500+ dollars, what person in their right mind would spend 1500.00 to datalog a 1500.00 car?

The tweecer will datalog, display and EDIT the mark 8 PCM "IF" you have ONE particular catch code, which is the 1995 DZA1 processor.

I haven't found a 300.00 or less solution, so in effect.. the answer you provided was actually "good information" for the everyday enthusiast.

I really shouldn't have been "so quick" to correct you as in "reality" the info you gave was GOOD.
sorry bout that FFrog

No hard feelings you can data log anything you might have to splice directly into the sensor wires but most people wont want to do this

XLRVIII, Ya I will, For everyone, Locally I found a guy selling some OBD1 equipment. The company is Auto x-ray and I believe its called Ez link 2000. Says it will read ford DCL data. I'm hoping it will help me solve a problem with my car. Anyone know about this stuff?

how much is it? Ive wanted to get some AF logs of mine I am pretty sure its going lean due to the old fuel pump

I have a Sneec and built myself an adaptor for the correct pin-out for the Mark 8. It didn't work, it won't pick up spark or rpm data. I talked to Byron the one that built these and he said there's some reconfiguring and additional components that need to be added for the DIS system in order for it to work. He wasn't interested in building anything else since he sold the company. The company has been dead now for a year.

wish i knew more about computer programs and making componints, id love to have a adaptor to connect to my HP PocketPC and my 94 MarkVIII to do diognostic like I can with OBDII

I have a Sneec and built myself an adaptor for the correct pin-out for the Mark 8. It didn't work, it won't pick up spark or rpm data. .

Hey Lonnie, I thought alot about those issues when you told me about them last time.

I "wonder" if a MSD tach adapter would generate the signal that the sneec could see?

AND.. I kinda figured the spark issue was due to the "waste spark" ignition settings.
couldn't you turn off waste spark in PRP and see what it does?

just a thought

I know you've probably given up on getting Sneec to work..I wish I could afford one.. I'd love to waste a bunch of time trying to sort it out.

I'm fairly certian that my buddy Danny/username ndoghouse could make it happen.
he made the default TC/OD off module for the first gens fairly easily.

Ya Lonnie, if your not interested in messing around with the Snecc anymore, sell it XLRVIII and I, We'd love to tinker around with it.

Back