Compressor relay question

JERM

Registered
I was wondering if the compressor relay will still allow the compressor to work if it is bad? I just got a 1993 mark and it is sitting on wood blocks to keep it from sitting any lower. At first the compressor did not come on. I just replaced the air compressor and now it comes on, runs for 90 seconds and then says check air ride message and the car does not lift front or rear. I have been doing a lot of searching and it makes me thing the relay might be bad. So the question is, will the compresssor still come on if the relay is bad, or will it not come on if the relay is out?

Thanks

It will take adleast 2-3 complete cycles to fill the bags up. Just turn your key back on again. If it they still are not full after 3 tries then you have a leak some where. More than likely it will be at the drier where the hoses are. These can be littles boogers at times. Be sure they are trimmed off square and deburred. They need to be firmly pushed in to the reciever to seat on a little "O" ring to seal them at the same time being held there by the barbs on the metal collar.

If your relay was bad your compressor wouldn't run.

The air suspension relay is inside the front passenger side fender just above the compressor. If you suspect the relay is bad, try swapping with the ABS relay which is inside the drivers side fender.

Back